• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Lucy Faringold

Really enjoying this album in a big way. Not breaking any ground musically but he's really nailed the vibe. Can see this ending up in my top ten for the year.

I'm really enjoying it. I think this is probably the first of his stuff where I've not heard Boards of Canada's influence massively, though it's still present.

It sounds more like Ulrich Schnauss than BoC......if US and BoC adopted a baby, they would name it Tycho. That aside, I really like these new songs!

I was listening to Hours and thinking...this is actually really doing it for me...but it reminds me of something. Then I realized it reminds me very much of an updated, maybe more dancefloor, take on Signaldrift's track Units Of Spin from Compass. And that is nothing but a massive compliment, coming from me.

Going to pick this up.

my opinion is that this music by tycho used to be a pretty knock off of boards of canada, but for this album he has dropped that aspect and whats left is kind of boring in my opinion. the melodies dont do much for me and neither do the beats.

im glad hes not exclusively copying boc any more though.

Archived