IGNORED

Tycho - Dive

Redruth

the BoC comparison needs to fucking stop. Everyone here was sucking Freescha, Arovane (when he released Tides), and Bibio's dicks whenever they sounded remotely "like BoC."

agreed with US comparison.

fantards are fantards. lets drop it.

even if you feel like it is kind of reminding you of boc, dive is very un boc. try to tell me that the track "dive" is boc, with the vocal in the beginning.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the BoC comparison needs to fucking stop. Everyone here was sucking Freescha, Arovane (when he released Tides), and Bibio's dicks whenever they sounded remotely "like BoC."

agreed with US comparison.

fantards are fantards. lets drop it.

even if you feel like it is kind of reminding you of boc, dive is very un boc. try to tell me that the track "dive" is boc, with the vocal in the beginning.

:facepalm:

Come to think of it, it's very Signaldrifty...oh wait, nevermind!

no one ever got my joke...

Sometimes I get nigh ambrosial listening. "Dive" reigns inspirational forthwith. Tycho [is a great artist.]

who is that guy anyway. he looks like he is from star trek

Wait, is that last post implying that you are facepalming over the fact that you didn't realize it was Picard in the facepalm icon?

Because if it is...that's incredible.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Sometimes I get nigh ambrosial listening. "Dive" reigns inspirational forthwith. Tycho [is a great artist.]

chewbacca.gif

I picked this up yesterday. Oh dear, even Tower Records are plugging the Boards connection.

Where did that ever come from? It must have been back in 2005.

photonea.jpg

Two bonus tracks on the Japanese edition - Remixes of 'Hours' and 'Dive'.

I quite like tychos old work and thought he took the BOC sound and infused his own poppy and more 'cohesive' spin on it. His past two albums (this included) that he has released sound the same to me, they are very very well produced and I do like the songs, but its not to say the sound he's leaning towards has been over-done, it has been over-done by his other albums... if that made any sense

Either way, bought the album and I like driving around to it so he's doing something right. Cool artwork too, the guy's a pretty damn talented graphic artist.

Given this a few listens now. Quite bland and souless to be honest.

Interesting. I found it quite good and soulful.

It seemed a bit 'soulless' to me too at first, not too much variety... but nice, relaxing music. After a few listens it really started coming to life for me!

• 4 months later...

I think for me as good as this record was when it was new, it will be even better this summer once we start getting 100+ degree days and torrential rainfall. That sounds hellish and it is, but it can be instantly romanticized with the right kind of music and an air conditioner.

I will say it is better than when it was first released but I still can't really tell one song from the next. I keep asking myself if I listened to this track already. it is great background music for other goings on though.

• 1 month later...

I will say it is better than when it was first released but I still can't really tell one song from the next. I keep asking myself if I listened to this track already. it is great background music for other goings on though.

Yes, good for background. Great release. Love the mood.

Archived