IGNORED

Scintilli out in '11

Guest sirch

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AcrossCanyons

GB was comprised of like 9 or 10 tracks on the stereo CD, and at least 10 tracks including bonus stuff on the DVD, mixed in 5.1 surround (obviously), errrr, so how is that an EP? lol :)

You're right, for some reason I was remembering it as about 6 or 7 tracks. Plus some tracks are quite long. But, it's a collab so technically this is the first non-collab, non-soundtrack album in 8 years. :tongue:

yeah that's true. maybe that's what pitchfork were getting at...? the first since Spokes...

although there's bound to be a few tracks on there where they would've collab'd with various people...

that's what they usually do, innit. - Benet, Mara Carlyle, Nicolette, Bjork, Luca, Leila, etc. etc. :) they always collab with somebody, on something....

it is their first proper album since Spokes.

greedy baby is a collab/audio-visual project and then the next two are soundtracks.

Guest sirch

seeing them in a few weeks for their Tekkonkinkreet soundtrack performance :emotawesomepm9:

you must be confused. there's no dates in Oz

wrong

hadn't seen that before, that looks good!! 'live' music played along to the film as it runs, by Plaid... and others.. sounds wicked.

obviously it's not part of their Scintilli tour, tho, so i'm not wrong ;) still... this would deffo be worth attending!

dunno why they've never done this before in the UK? and wth Heaven's Door, too. or have they... ?

strange.

seeing them in a few weeks for their Tekkonkinkreet soundtrack performance :emotawesomepm9:

you must be confused. there's no dates in Oz

wrong

Pretty fuckin' cool. Id like to see that show.

But they play a whopper set no matter what the pretext.

Guest sirch

i see a lot more soundtracks for films coming in the future if this is where they're taking it! :sorcerer:

and it all started with Greedy Baby, and their performance at the IMAX along to the 'film', album, DVD, visual project, or whatever you wanna call it.

Plaid for most IDM, (-2006-)2011+ :emotawesomepm9:

That was more of an EP than an album, but still. 2 soundtracks should be considered studio albums, if nothing else.

Plus the two OST are their best albums. Especially Heavens Door has so many great tracks. If HD wasn't an OST and called something like "Beauticity", many more people would go crazy about that album.

I really wonder what has changed so far. no dvd included right? no double cd ether. So where is that unreleased alien / ufo stuff gone that they where playing live around 2008? The artwork and tracks do not look like it. 3 years is enough time to create a complete new release from scratch.

is this what happend?

maybe there'll be an EP aswell! hope so. or that track might be in amongst the album somewhere. i know the 1 you mean and it was a gooden.

yeah EP makes sense. There was also this 3D church mosaic video. what about this? did this leak because it was not used on the release as it does not contain a DVD? do you remember the track name?

I'm sure they do, however this will be my first Plaid live experience and the fact that it's a Tekkonkinkreet show (that is my favourite animated film ever btw) makes it even more awesome, I absolutely love the music they did for it. I don't even give a fuck that I couldn't get anyone to go with me.

I'd go with you if you looked anything like your avatar, dick or no dick.

So it's official!

magdog! i was wondering where you'd got to mate! :sup:

You know how it is.. you come back after spending a few days away from your computer and everything has changed :)

Great news about Scintilli! Finally the lonnnnnnnnggg wait is over mate!! :yeah: Just been scanning the Scintilli links and i'm loving the artwork.. listened to "35 Summers" sounds very nice indeed! Been checking out the live dates too... going to have to get myself along to one of the gigs.

:beer:

my buddie at Uncut magazine got the LP promo, said the album was superb.

can't wait to roll a burrito sized joint and check this out, glad a trusted mate of mine is sayin its great!

Going to try and hold off listening to the album until i get the vinyl. It'll be hard but i wanna listen to it like my past Plaid albums.. lying back smoking a fat one with it spinning on the deck.

Guest sirch

Going to try and hold off listening to the album until i get the vinyl. It'll be hard but i wanna listen to it like my past Plaid albums.. lying back smoking a fat one with it spinning on the deck.

yeah, same here mate. it's not long. if it were 3 months or sumthin........... :whistling:

Guest sirch

Great news about Scintilli! Finally the lonnnnnnnnggg wait is over mate!! :yeah:

Whoop! Whoop! :w00t:

it might sink in soon!! but i'm prolly gonna be buzzin off this news for a good few days!! :D

Rheinklang_01.jpg

That's where they're gonna be playing in my town. there's usually only classical stuff going on there. would be hilarious if some die-hard classic-fan makes use of his year-pass to see who this strange foreign group is that plays in their beloved Schumann Saal. I wonder what they'd think about it. I'm actually convinced Mozart and all the other guys would have liked Aphex and friends.

They always play the same Venue when they come to San Fran - which is cool, but I wish they would change it up. As long as it has good sound I guess it doesn't matter. I too hope some of the stuff from that tour a few years back is on the album..

yeah, same here mate. it's not long. if it were 3 months or sumthin........... :whistling:

hey, it's going to be hard but worth it mate. Think about opening the mailer and seeing that beautiful art work in all it's fine glory, then, dipping inside and pulling out those mint pieces of wax :music:

Great news about Scintilli! Finally the lonnnnnnnnggg wait is over mate!! :yeah:

Whoop! Whoop! :w00t:

it might sink in soon!! but i'm prolly gonna be buzzin off this news for a good few days!! :D

was bouncing round my room so much i fell out the window again! :D

That's where they're gonna be playing in my town. there's usually only classical stuff going on there. would be hilarious if some die-hard classic-fan makes use of his year-pass to see who this strange foreign group is that plays in their beloved Schumann Saal. I wonder what they'd think about it. I'm actually convinced Mozart and all the other guys would have liked Aphex and friends.

I'm a die-hard classic-fan (not early stuff like Mozart though) and would be happy to see Plaid coz also die-hard IDM-fan. :)

Archived