IGNORED

Scintilli out in '11

Guest sirch

My guess is, it's just a way of stopping people from listening to the complete tracks in one go, there by hindering those who might try and record them.

This is exactly it.

So, how does it sound?

Why not post only the first 30 seconds, then? Well, whatever, I'm not complaining. It sounds good so far, but I'm torn between buying the mp3s now or picking up the vinyl as I planned to on the 26th!

do both! u know you want to!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am trying so hard to resist hearing any new samples!!

just want the day when i can have the whole thing in my hands and just listen to it

this.

and unlike someone i'm going to actually do it

go for it mate, because i just failed :facepalm:

Well, after an exhausting wait, I'm now listening to the album . . . glad I held out :wink:

Ed and Andy return to the to the bosom of Warp with this, their sixth scintil(ating) album for the label. The duo administer some vintage-style composition to a sound that still sounds utterly futuristic. Spiralling, effervescent melody is layered over a matrix of polyrhythmical beats, so expect an ideal successsor to their previous, vivid classic, 'Spokes'.

Thanks sirch, good interview. Interesting to hear their ideas and insights into Scintilli. Good to hear their views on loud recordings too.. been my thoughts for years, different labels and artists using loudness on their recordings to make maximum impact on the listener when all they're really doing is killing the micro dynamics and making everyone sound the same.

"We want to record the live shows, and get some loud live versions that we may well put out if we’re happy with them at the end of the tour."

Don't think i can go to any of the lives gigs so i hope to hear these live versions!

some interesting extracts here from another recent interview... ( http://www.inverted-audio.com/plaid/ )

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING ON THE NEW ALBUM?

Ed: Probably in concentrated amounts, about two or three years but during this time we’ve made a lot of new tracks, some have made it on, some haven’t. A lot of them we’ve played out live but by the time it came to get an album together we rejected those tracks because they’d already been heard and there were versions on YouTube and everywhere so they’d had quite a lot of exposure. I think we’ll probably go back to these tracks and rework them.

WAS THE NAME A SECONDARY ELEMENT THAT YOU ADDED ONCE YOU FINISHED THE ALBUM?

Andy: No, that probably came before we even started, the idea for the name must have come 3 or 4 years ago initially, because we mentioned it on our website that we’d started work on a new album, from then on we’ve had emails from people asking us when it’s going to arrive.

We did have the idea that when the album was finished, that we’d publish it under a different name and say that ‘Scintili’ hadn’t been finished yet, but that would annoy people.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR AND IN 2012?

We have some solid touring with this album; we’re going to try and keep it quite concise this time around, as long tours are not great for writing. We’re doing a very condensed tour for 2 months in October and November into early December. We’ll have a short break and then 2012 will be the next thing, maybe Gamelan and Felix, new material ourselves and possibly some film soundtracks. We’ll be announcing the name of our new album in 2012 and we’ll be extending our shed.

i'm looking forward to next year, big time! ....... :)

Archived