IGNORED

Overlap Music

FLA FUR BIS FLE

Overlap is the work of the wizards Alex Schieppati & Reid Dunn.

Two tracks have been posted from there forthcoming full length which is yet to be titled. The songs can be found @ http://www.myspace.com/overlapaudio

feedback is welcome. songs are subject to change over time. expect to hear things abit differently when the album is finished.

Enjoy if at all possible. All Praise the Staring Man.

261467183_l.jpg

Guest abstractology

I think that the bass in woodwose masque needs to be fuller. needs to eat up the track.;

does al have any solo tracks online?

Guest Josefmcb

woodwose masque is good, a little bit too boc maybe but still nice to listen to.

whirlpools is very nice, i like it as it's building up but then it gets a little bit too boc again with the beat.. but again still sounds really good. i really like the broken up sound fx in this track.

thanks for the comments..

I think the BOC influence on these tracks is evident,and we dont deny that we are fans. Alot of the material we are working on for the full length will be pretty varied,but for the time being we shall take the BOC comparison in stride,meanwhile working on defining our own sound. thx to those who listened.

Very enjoyable tracks, BoCcish yes, but it's not rip-off territory. The tracks are in fact lovely. Last night when I was taking my first listen, I was very stoned, and I thought all the gurgling and strange noises at the start of "Woodland..." were coming from my stomach. I was really quite disturbed until the music properly started, then I was both relieved and entertained. Nice stuff indeed!

I'd add you but I don't want to sign up for a myspace account.

Guest Josefmcb
I think the BOC influence on these tracks is evident,and we dont deny that we are fans. Alot of the material we are working on for the full length will be pretty varied,but for the time being we shall take the BOC comparison in stride,meanwhile working on defining our own sound. thx to those who listened.

yeah i wasn't calling it a rip-off, i just often feel it detracts from a track when it gets 'shaped' somehwat by a tried+tested sound, when perhaps it seems like it could go somewhere more interesting (it's kinda taking the easy option, and it's probably unavoidable to an extent, but when the influence shouts louder than the track itself it spoils it somewhat in my eyes).. it still sounds cool though, still is a good listen.

hope that makes sense??!

Very enjoyable tracks, BoCcish yes, but it's not rip-off territory. The tracks are in fact lovely. Last night when I was taking my first listen, I was very stoned, and I thought all the gurgling and strange noises at the start of "Woodland..." were coming from my stomach. I was really quite disturbed until the music properly started, then I was both relieved and entertained. Nice stuff indeed!

lol

Guest Pococurante

I think we were both nervous about the BOC link. Like BOC, part of our album will have an idyllic quality to it.

However, I believe our thematic elements to be different from BOC, as well as our use of digital software. Hopefully that will steer our sound away from acute BOC comparisons. Not that I am wholly convinced that the comparisons are a bad thing. We do, after all, live very close to Canada!

Thanks for listening, and for the honest criticism!

• 1 month later...

Archived