IGNORED

did anyone attend this year's norberg festival?

Guest jenny

Guest jenny

the norberg festival is a small (around 1200 visitors this year) electronic music festival in norberg, sweden. it's really cool, although i got kind of tired of really high bpm stuff (cardopusher, even though he was really skilled live) and dubstep (that i hear fucking everywhere anyway).

did any watmm forum members attend? who were your favourite acts? lustmord was pretty cool, although his set was really similar if not identical to his previous sweden show at södra teatern less than a year ago. he seemed to be a really friendly guy, as well, he stood in the beer queue hanging out with some people before the show. mimerlaven* is a really good stage for ambient and drone-ish music, though, much superior to the other more conventional venue i saw him at. another good performance was the field's, although he suffered some technical problems with his stuff early on. he played with a live drummer and bass player/keyboardist, which added some dynamics to the show (plus they filled in with a jam when his equipment started fucking up that he eased into once it started working properly).

some guy that worked at the festival said they're trying hard to get aphex to go next year. i hope he does, although i don't think they could afford him. they'd probably have to build a new stage as well, mimerlaven's acoustics doesn't work with rhythmic stuff, the largest "conventional" stage only takes 250 people and the only stage that can take a large audience feels too small.

* 284501_10150249606696130_633761129_7487250_1533528_n.jpgNorbergfestival_2005_3724_mimerlaven.jpg

mimerlaven is an abandoned refinery where iron ore was turned into steel or something

i also found this speaker:

184134_10150249624211130_633761129_7487314_3085890_n.jpg

mimerlaven looks like an awesome venue, shame about the acoustics then... they shouldn't push for aphex unless he's willing to play for less than the usual fee, though. festivals like this shouldn't always strive to reel in the big names, in my opinion, as it usually leads to financial ruin. if the lineup is good next year, i might have a go, being in norway and all.

Archived