IGNORED

Andy Stott - We Stay Together

Redruth

Guest Enter a new display name

I really enjoy this release. The world music samples and the heavy compression have become Andy Stott's new trademark sound.

Should we expect a compilation on CD like with Demdike Stare's vinyl series?

Edited by Enter a new display name

Guest AnEagleInYourMind

Its like hes taking all the low end elements of current bass music, warping them and then leaving them out in the open, alone. its kind of terrifying. I love it

So far, the best record of the year, IMMO. I would like to dig more artists similar to this sound (dirty, low, mental but groovy) : is anybody knows ?? I WANT MORE !!!!

Yes, me too, I don't think Actress sounds similar ! I love "Hubble", but, kinda of....that's it. but thanks for the Miles tip, he's one half of Demdike Stare, I will sure dig in that !!

demdike stare is impeccable, all the artists who release on and run the workings of modernlove have filled a very important gap. i'm well pleased with all of it.

i'm really looking forward to a second deepchord release and to what new projects might be planned in future.

autechrist, did you have a listen to 'bravery ep'? it's bit different then his other works, altho his newest release set to come out on the ninja tune

sounds outfitted with similar sounds.

He says his new influences are

- Kassem Mosse (only heard the Enoha EP and wasn't too impressed. Nice laser sounds though)

- James Ferraro (post-ironic advertising noise art garbage)

- Hype Williams (super weird British bass. Some of their stuff is extremely good)

I think he borrows from Actress like someone said but adds more darkness and classic songwriting appeal to his songs. There is also a producer from Chicago I think, Hieroglyphic Being who has a very interesting but sprawling and uneven discography that rings a bell or two, Theo Parrish plus the whole archive of library music that those Modern Love guys have been using lately. Some videogame soundtracks? He's become extremely good at this thing, I knew Andy Stott from some Vladislav Delay remixes but I didn't see these two albums coming!

Thanks Troon, i like Falty Dl, and looking Fwd to listen properly on vinyl the next EP !

But I don't feel the same with WST, i feel oppressed, but hypnotized in the same time. This shit is so heavy ! Falty Dl, i still hear the house influence, and I'm looking forward for more darkness.... :crazy:

I can't stop listening to "Cracked". Today I received my vinyl copy from clone (with 3 Oni Ayhun.. :music: .The OAR 002 is mental), and the Andy Stott new sound is massive, but with a lack of information, as if he buried his tapes under the ground, or something !

'cracked' is hypnotizing and oppressive at the same time, that is very well said. for me both these ep are soundtrac to the bleakness of our current state of affairs in the world. the same time as representing the darkness they also cuddle and inspire me with their apocalyptic sic fi, bigger then life presence and subtle broken melody. these are the type of compositions i would be happy to hear in the end of days, huddled in a bunker, staring out at the barren remnants of the world

Thanks Kirm, the Miles EP "Facets" is a great record ! I love "Primer" (some bits remind me Gescom "Pricks" on "Minidisc"). Just ordered it.... Can't wait to mix all these tunes, 90 to 100 Bpm is such a headbanging tempo !

that is truly great album, biokinetics has the sounds. if you've not done the 'chain reaction' releases, you really can't go wrong with them. porter ricks, i was just listening to 'symbiotics' a few month ago