IGNORED

Going to chicago

Guest Sprigg

Guest Sprigg

So a friend and I are going up to see plaid on 18 November, and we're trying to figure out transportation when we're there. We'll be likely taking the Amtrak up from Kansas city, and neither of us has been there before. Any Chicago watmmers up there going as well?

Guest EleminoP

yeah i figure 3 of us or so will come up from the indianapolis area. then sinicalypse and acidphakist from chicago. idk who else.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

if i was going to Chicago Id have to go to Great Lake (the pizza restaurant)

see, i had their pizza just about 2 years ago after the whole #1 in gq thing and it was good, but there are better pizza joints about that aren't nearly as difficult to get pizza from. that was my experience anyways.

oh sweet, this is at the empty bottle? that's awesome!

if i was going to Chicago Id have to go to Great Lake (the pizza restaurant)

see, i had their pizza just about 2 years ago after the whole #1 in gq thing and it was good, but there are better pizza joints about that aren't nearly as difficult to get pizza from. that was my experience anyways.

oh sweet, this is at the empty bottle? that's awesome!

Yeah, i had my sister go there and she said don't believe the hype. Pizza is a very subjective thing so I respect a place that does it all from scratch and seems to care about the ingredients. Grinding their own sausages. Sourcing from local farms. Highest quality flour. But also shitty food with cheap ingredients can be great in a shitty way.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

absolutely not fred, this is chicago.. pizza is only eaten with gherkins, celery salt, tomatoes, cucumbers, sport peppers, and onions. c'mon, you know this!

Guest Sprigg

yeah i figure 3 of us or so will come up from the indianapolis area. then sinicalypse and acidphakist from chicago. idk who else.

Nice. I smell a watmm Chicago meetup coming on, yeah?

chicago style hot dog? get real. you people are deluded.

meat

ketchup

mustard

onions

relish optional.

all this silly mess you people create is absurd. walking around with hot dog condiment stains on your t-shirt..sport peppers in your beard. yeah, i see you.

Some fucked up shit going on in this thread.

Great Lake pizza is awesome. Their crust is unlike any other I've had, and their toppings are primo. If you don't like it -- YOU'RE WRONG!! lol Google or Flickr search some pics for proof.

Also, giving up on ketchup on hot dogs is a rite of passage.

Also, I would like to see Plaid. Also, is sini really coming?

never understood why people felt they had to hate ketchup. Ketchup is great! Lets have some gourmet ketchup then. Its basically the need for some sweet with your tang. Nothing to be ashamed of

was there recently. really fun place....there is a fantastic bookstore right off the metro near Wicker Park if you are into that sort of thing...lots of used books (like 3 gigantic floors of them)..the whole area has a nice record shop too (found Neu! and Fela Kuti boxsets...wish i had the cash)

Archived