IGNORED

Tottenham riots

funkaholic

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest uptown devil

So they want to collapse civilized society so they can go back to hunting and being tribes of scavengers?

that sounds fucking awesome.

*riots*

i wonder when this is going to happen full scale in the U.S.A *looks at calender*

awepittance - you really are a fool.

Not until shit gets really bad. People are still too comfortable here.

and pray-tell, could you please define "really bad"? really bad to the point where young people for no reason begin to destroy public and private property?

this is why american's laugh at you brits when you try and mock us about our "guns"

lol, nice attempt at a conservative hammer there elusive. has the time come for your daily sound bite hit and run troll attempts? yeah i think it has. You might have to try a little harder this time to get people riled up, you're stuff comes off as a little too desperate these days

I was wondering how long it was going to take elusive4 to fuck up this thread. Everything he posts on here sounds like a man close to a nervous breakdown or is about to go postal ....

it seems the majority of the rioters are school-age anyway so probably haven't even had a job yet or pay taxes or anything like that.

Why I think the 'anger at austerity cuts' argument doesn't really ring true. Plus, and stop me if I'm stereotyping or generalising here but, if the relatively small scale rioting in Nottingham translates into the bigger picture, I can only imagine that those people engaging in this shit have only ever known poverty anyway under whatever government or society they may or may not yet have grown up in.

And similar to your situation BCM, working in the front line of the NHS my future is far from certain. Doesn't make me want to smash up property and ruin the livelihoods of others, and that's in spite of having a poor upbringing in the arsehole of the social echelons.

Guest the anonymous forumite

Has the news about Warp Recs stock being all burnt down has been posted yet ?

I dunno if this has been posted here, but I was moved by it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITJcparImeQ

thanks, i needed the subtitles

everything elusive said so far is correct btw.

there have been massive protests in israel for the last 3 weeks, demanding social justice and a move towards welfare state, not a single act of violence or looting has been seen and yet the gov is starting to move it seems. this thing in london is bullshit and should be policed off the streets asap.

Guest disparaissant

i don't feel like continuing to argue this but i'm just gonna say

you can't boil this down to one reason. this is my point. al hounos said it pretty well, would these people be rioting as thoroughly if they had jobs? would the riots be spreading as quickly if people didn't feel oppressed, be it economically, or by the police, or etc.? maybe kakapo's right and they're all cunts and richard hammond types but i fail to see how that means there is literally no reason for this, like some of you are saying.

i don't feel like continuing to argue this but i'm just gonna say

you can't boil this down to one reason. this is my point. al hounos said it pretty well, would these people be rioting as thoroughly if they had jobs? would the riots be spreading as quickly if people didn't feel oppressed, be it economically, or by the police, or etc.? maybe kakapo's right and they're all cunts and richard hammond types but i fail to see how that means there is literally no reason for this, like some of you are saying.

didn't you see the picture i posted of a Currys employee that was caught?

Guest disparaissant

there are seperate points in there, i'm not saying literally 100% of rioters have no job but i think to say that this is 100% people out for free shit and "it really is that simple" doesn't really make sense.

right, excellent argument.

that and "you don't live here" seem to be the best retorts.

i'm out before i make enemies.

not trollin.

yall are cool.

i just disagree.

Archived