IGNORED

Tottenham riots

funkaholic

there are seperate points in there, i'm not saying literally 100% of rioters have no job but i think to say that this is 100% people out for free shit and "it really is that simple" doesn't really make sense.

right, excellent argument.

that and "you don't live here" seem to be the best retorts.

i'm out before i make enemies.

not trollin.

yall are cool.

i just disagree.

no enemy earned here (not in the shape of me anyways), i'm just saying that while your outlook on the initial disturbance is spot on, the current events are nothing to do with any political or socioeconomic related thing. it is simply about no respect for authority or consequences.

this is true punk.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest the anonymous forumite

just a friendly reminder:

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong.

Anthony Burgess and Stanley Kubrick were onto something...

http://london.craigs...2536072357.html

lol looted iPhones on sale.

get more than 3 and they'll give you a discount!

These all have serial numbers and can be tracked when in use. Right? I imagine some sort of measure was taken by Apple in case of theft.

yes absolutely, the IMEI numbers and the SIM cards are kept on inventory by Apple, and indeed by any retail store that sells such items.

The IMEI numbers will be reported as stolen and as soon as those IMEI numbers pop up as active on any UK network, they will be blocked (in effect, paperweights).

regarding that dickhead that started a facebook page:

from the BBC News page live feed

2244:

An 18-year-old man has been arrested by Tayside Police in connection with Facebook entries encouraging others to gather in Dundee city centre with weapons to riot. The teenager is due to appear at Dundee Sheriff Court on Wednesday morning

For a shop called Curry's, I would expect to get a nice Korma and basmati rice takeaway. Not a laptop.

Yeah I thought that too...

regarding that dickhead that started a facebook page:

from the BBC News page live feed

2244:

An 18-year-old man has been arrested by Tayside Police in connection with Facebook entries encouraging others to gather in Dundee city centre with weapons to riot. The teenager is due to appear at Dundee Sheriff Court on Wednesday morning

lol what a tit - there goes your life down the drain mate

I think we as a society have failed to look after our dickheads.

* clarification of dickhead: whereas looting can make sense in a kindof bare economic way, setting fire to shops that people live above is something dickheads do

from the BBC live feed again...life imitates art

2253:

Education Secretary Michael Gove tells the BBC's Newsnight police are having to deal with a "new phenomenon" - gangs previously divided by post codes joining forces to "create havoc and criminality".

the-warriors.jpg

Anthony Burgess and Stanley Kubrick were onto something...

http://london.craigs...2536072357.html

lol looted iPhones on sale.

get more than 3 and they'll give you a discount!

These all have serial numbers and can be tracked when in use. Right? I imagine some sort of measure was taken by Apple in case of theft.

yes absolutely, the IMEI numbers and the SIM cards are kept on inventory by Apple, and indeed by any retail store that sells such items.

The IMEI numbers will be reported as stolen and as soon as those IMEI numbers pop up as active on any UK network, they will be blocked (in effect, paperweights).

I flagged this "best of craigslist" :emotawesomepm9:

these youtube vids are poppin up like crazy.

Scott heron was right, the revolution will be not be televised, it will be streamed.

For some context; this is a group of English Defense League (militant racists) vigilantes who were patrolling the streets looking to beat up rioters. They haven't encountered any rioters apparently and were kettled and arrested by police. Idiots.

Ah ok, I thought Dan C was trollin, for once.

lol, nice attempt at a conservative hammer there elusive. has the time come for your daily sound bite hit and run troll attempts? yeah i think it has. You might have to try a little harder this time to get people riled up, you're stuff comes off as a little too desperate these days

to get people "riled up"?

im pointing out that people here wouldnt get "riled up" nor tolerate such stupid bullshit - you fucking idiot.

read and comprehend before commenting . next time.

"you are stuff comes off as a little too desperate these days"

ok.

On a side note, bring back public flogging and the whole issue of rebellious youth would be taken care of.

Back to work.

Just please don't transport them to australia.

wow no legitimate political grievances huh.

very interesting perspectives from some of you.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as I don't believe you're intentionally trolling people, but you might want to be less dismissive of people's opinions who actually live and work in the communities affected, and are therefore directly affected themselves. And therefore experiencing it for themselves rather than through a media filter.

It comes down to the 10-80-10 thing. I used to think this was too simplistic but the older I get the truer it gets. No matter how you arbitrarily decide to pigeonhole people, whether it be by race, gender, profession, whatever, the group can be divided up into 3.

10% of people are cunts. This group includes psychopaths, thugs, bullies, the French. How this cuntishness actually manifests itself will largely be determined by their socio-economic/political circumstances.

80% are sheople. On the whole decent and honest, but also mostly self serving, self-affirming and easily led, some are liable to succumb to demagoguery, and when society goes bad a proportion have a tendency to atavism and mob mentality.

10% of people have a true sense of agency and a coherent and moral self, and able to retain these attributes under stress.

The majority of the rioters are cunty 10%ers with some 80%ers thrown in. The school bullies with their sycophants. The pricks who would be out mugging if they weren't doing this. The fact that there's 10 million people in London creates the impression of a seemingly large number of idiots. But the only thing they are representative of is that a certain percentage of society are cunts, and always will be.

The real shame of this is that the people who have genuine grievances, like income inequality and lack of social mobility, are the ones being shafted. The vast majority of poor/black/kids aren't rioting. And people trying to shoehorn a certain social narrative onto it is going to be totally counter productive.

Forget martyrs, remember victims.

The real truthbullets.

Archived