IGNORED

Tottenham riots

funkaholic

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing scarier than human beings

Oh i don't know, when i go for a swim in the ocean, it's not human beings that are making my pulse race. On the drive home up the motorway though, it's all humans.

Masked-man-walks-past-a-b-007.jpg

looks shpped

mob rushing riot police, rather disheartening ost ay the least

http://yfrog.com/0wtduz

Oh for fucks sake.

I really can't stand this. I know so many people in the areas where this is going down. A close friends dads business has been hit.

Hope all London WATMMers are alright.

yeah, that video was fucked. i wouldn't want to be there right now, looks bad. good luck to everyone in the area.

Not totally comfortable with writing the whole thing off as 'thug based recreational rioting.' People have a right to be pissed off and it seems like an easy way to spin the situation to say it's a bunch of retarded kids wanting to make violence.

The rioting is terrifying and perhaps idiotic. I would not want to be in the way of that crowd. Or anywhere near it.

There is also an aspect of people actually getting out in the streets to protest the situation - and the feeling of seeing what the people are capable of in the face of the powerful. So it's kind of interesting.

Guest Z_B_Z

its all indicative of the tension that the failing western economy is bringing on.. expect more of this sort of thing. i hope im wrong tho..

there doesn't seem to be anything happening in Bristol but loads of police helicopters have been up all evening. when I was out late last night, I saw very few people... just police/police cars/riot vans... i guess they're just expecting something to happen here.

where i live

1.41am: We've not heard anything from Bristol yet tonight, but Tom Finn reports that there have been disturbances:

@Tomfinn2 Down at stokes croft, dustbins set on fire, riot police everywhere, dogs barking #bristol

uh oh, dogs barking

its all indicative of the tension that the failing western economy is bringing on.. expect more of this sort of thing. i hope im wrong tho..

this. there are always idiots in a mob. thats what a mob is.

the people that stormed the Bastille and then the countryside were not all virtuous, democratically minded citizens, i assure you.

Guest rumbo

couple the above with fatcat bankers getting bailouts and golden parachutes. Has the making for some ugly lower socio-economic retribution.

I read a report that the rich are upping their security tech and employing private contractors.

all this shit is gonna turn into how the entirety of the mob is tactless, immoral, and probably communist...harsh police action is justified

like filling a deep cut with pus...the infection still remains y'know

Guest Iain C

This morning, #prayforlondon is a trending topic on twitter - proving conclusively that however bad things get here, the rest of the world is full of even bigger idiots.

no trouble in wimbledon, apart from the shops were all shuttered up down the retail park and my girlfriend was unable to get this nail polish she wanted from boots. the outrage!

riots in bristol started late last night. from what i've heard, they're destroying all the tescos in town, so i suppose it's the newly inspired tesco-hating crowd here.

Archived