IGNORED

Tottenham riots

funkaholic

If you dress a certain way and act a certain way then you must carry the consequences, fuck this victimization bullshit. A thug is a thug.

http://www.dailymail...e-way-home.html

2sUD5.jpg

I bet this sissy twat also didn't discriminate this young thug and look at him now lol, next time change sidewalk pal if you're not going to defend yourself.

i'll bet you've never been on the receiving end of thugs over here in the UK?

i have. simply crossing the street doesn't do anything to stop them. and it's very easy for you to talk about 'defending' oneself when you're not the one in the situation.

tldr: stfu

You talk like there aren't any thugs like these dipshits in Lisbon, Paris, etc.. it's exactly the same.

you're kind of talking like that too by suggesting crossing the street. crossing the street will make you look like a more vulnerable target.

maybe thugs can't cross the street in lisbon, paris, etc.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just heard on radio 6 some tosser's started a "start a riot in glasgow" facebook page.

my main concerns about this would mainly be that it'd just be bad folks going round with blades of all kinds fighting no doubt

could easily happen though, plenty of shit areas round here.... plenty of poverty and people with no job prospects.

from BBC:

1557:

Shops and businesses across London are closing early today amid fears of more unrest. They include Southside shopping centre in Wandsworth and the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich. On Ealing Broadway, Marks & Spencer, Topshop and the Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre all closed early. The Exchange Shopping Centre in Putney, the Centre Court Shopping Centre in Wimbledon, and many shops in Tooting, including Iceland and Vodafone, have also closed.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I understand the Scotch people took the precaution of living in mud huts to avoid problems with smashed glass

Guest Lady kakapo

Via Kode9: Video of Camberwell high street right now http://t.co/lnvo9fC

is this many kilometers from most of the rioting?

No, it's inbetween Peckham and Brixton. There is a wave effect, with different areas being targeted, flaring up and then dieing down, so it could still get trashed. More than any other major city in the world, London is fragmented, with run down sink estates and 60's towers, Georgian mansions, slowly gentiried Victorian terraces, new builds with part social housing all being in very close proximity. Camberwell probably exemplifies this as much as anywhere. Just out of shot is Camberwell Grove where Harriet Harman lives and all the houses are a minimum of 7 figures and in most instances substantially more. Just over the road is the Ratstar squat. The Institute of Psychiatry is just up the road, so there's even more mentalists than normal roaming the streets.

Guest Gary C

I understand the Scotch people took the precaution of living in mud huts to avoid problems with smashed glass

lol

Guest Rambo

I'm almost certainly the most intelligent and well educated person on this board, and I live in London, and your analysis is consistently wide of the mark.

*squints*

cant tell if this person is low in self awareness or an experimental comedian

police photostream of rioters...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/

just heard on radio 6 some tosser's started a "start a riot in glasgow" facebook page.

my main concerns about this would mainly be that it'd just be bad folks going round with blades of all kinds fighting no doubt

could easily happen though, plenty of shit areas round here.... plenty of poverty and people with no job prospects.

if it does kick off here my work will definately be a target.

Guest disparaissant

No, Dispairassant has got things back to front. It is about looting. The simple (through not simplistic) analysis is correct. Commentators are now trying to impose their own agendas on it. And because everyone loves to be a victim, the looters will adopt whatever analysis makes them the biggest victims.

so you are genuinely saying that the protests on saturday were actually just a pretext to loot?

Guest disparaissant

Massacre in Norway.

Another global econimic collapse.

London Riots.

Within a month. Seriously, what's next?

i bet my folks would say the second coming of christ

Guest Rambo

Massacre in Norway.

London Riots.

Within a month. Seriously, what is happening to the world.. What's next?

You're forgetting about News Corp.

I hope this dies down before another person gets shot, or before M.I.A. releases some awful, hastily recorded unoriginal track " London Fallin' " with another distasteful Clash sample and some shitty grimey chorus of her chanting 'London Bridge Is Falling down' or some horseshit.

Guest Iain C

No, Dispairassant has got things back to front.  It is about looting.  The simple (through not simplistic) analysis is correct.  Commentators are now trying to impose their own agendas on it.  And because everyone loves to be a victim, the looters will adopt whatever analysis makes them the biggest victims.

so you are genuinely saying that the protests on saturday were actually just a pretext to loot?

Nobody's saying that, are they? The point is, it BECAME a pretext to loot very quickly. there were no protests in peckham, hackney, brixton etc.

I hope this dies down before another person gets shot, or before M.I.A. releases some awful, hastily recorded unoriginal track " London Fallin' " with another distasteful Clash sample and some shitty grimey chorus of her chanting 'London Bridge Is Falling down' or some horseshit.

SHHHHHH don't give her any ideas.

Guest disparaissant

No, Dispairassant has got things back to front. It is about looting. The simple (through not simplistic) analysis is correct. Commentators are now trying to impose their own agendas on it. And because everyone loves to be a victim, the looters will adopt whatever analysis makes them the biggest victims.

Nobody's saying that, are they? The point is, it BECAME a pretext to loot very quickly.

i dunno it seems to be what she's saying because i agree with you and she's arguing with me

Guest Lady kakapo

I'm almost certainly the most intelligent and well educated person on this board, and I live in London, and your analysis is consistently wide of the mark.

*squints*

cant tell if this person is low in self awareness or an experimental comedian

I originally wrote 'your analysis is wide of the mark' and was about to refute, realised I didn't have time/couldn't be arsed, but that simply posting 'you're wrong' was quite pompous and so notched the pomposity up a bit, thereby undermining my original tone. It was a metacritique of message board posturing. Sorry for inflaming your delicate sensibilities Rambo.

No. The people who marched on Saturday are not the looters.

lol

Guest disparaissant

(@ladykakapo)

right but they touched the whole thing off.

so to say this has a political basis is not wrong

and to say that it is all about looting is also not wrong

that's all i'm saying

Massacre in Norway.

London Riots.

Within a month. Seriously, what is happening to the world.. What's next?

You're forgetting about News Corp.

I also forgot the new watmm lay-out

Archived