IGNORED

I was a Warrior Poet in the Kitchen Last Night

Fred McGriff

fred, your hands gave me a boner.

those are my wife's hands.

*boner subsides*

are you saying the thought of my wife's hands is repulsive? now we must duel.

i'm using the leftover poblano sauce on a ham and swiss panini right now. proper.

Q: should I use an industrial grade oxy-aceteyene torch for fire if I only have an electric range top?

This shit's hard.

hmmm great question. yes. or grill it? oil it and broil it? bic lighter? i think you could probably still use the electric range top too. whatever you gotta do to get it charred.

I guess I could run up to the community grill on the roof of my apartment building. I'm just honestly afraid that people pee in it.

I'm pretty sure that people pee in it.

I guess I could run up to the community grill on the roof of my apartment building. I'm just honestly afraid that people pee in it.

i wouldn't worry about that. to be honest i'd much rather shit in it and try to hide my shit in the charcoals

i live with a professional chef now, hes quite often bee in work all day and cant be arsed cooking but hes been teaching me, last night was homemade garlic chicken kievs with a buttery courgette mash potato and runner beans, it was fantastic. the next year is gonna see me gain obnoxious amounts of weight learn some warrior poetry of my own i hope.

:emotawesomepm9:

a little oil and the broiler will work great. it will char it perfectly. just keep an eye on it, happens fast

i live with a professional chef now, hes quite often bee in work all day and cant be arsed cooking but hes been teaching me, last night was homemade garlic chicken kievs with a buttery courgette mash potato and runner beans, it was fantastic. the next year is gonna see me gain obnoxious amounts of weight learn some warrior poetry of my own i hope.

:emotawesomepm9:

let me ask you this; when was the last time you saw an unhappy fat person? i rest my case

It's not self-pity. It's clinical depression, you insensitive clod.

Just kidding, I usually fap uncontrollably when I look in the mirror.

Edit: on topic, re: jules: I really should figure out how to use the goddamn broiler already.

the broiler is one of the best parts of your oven. you can do some nice flank steak tacos really quickly with that puppy. it's good for getting a nice golden brown cheese on top of your baked ziti bolognese too.

fred, your hands gave me a boner.

those are my wife's hands.

*boner subsides*

are you saying the thought of my wife's hands is repulsive? now we must duel.

of course i knew they were your wife's hands all along, but found myself imagining you having slender wrists and manicured nails... i couldn't help being aroused by this. the revelation that they were indeed your wife's hands, which i think are perfectly nice hands btw, although i knew all along, deflated my boner with the shame of it all.

now i'm back to imagining you with slender wrists and manicured nails and having a boner again.

phew. got out of that one ok, eh?

Guest Coalbucket PI

Last night I promised to cook something foolproof and simple at 7, but then I went to the shop and looked around for ages and ended up buying some blamming cool stuff. I rocked up at my house 20 minutes late, sweating, wordlessly marched into the kitchen swinging trout fillets either side of my face like a bizarre fish pendulum, dropped some new potatoes into boiling water with a sweet fadeaway and a few hook shots. Spuds simmering, I whipped up Delia's parsley sauce apart from the mace because I don't know what that is, and a few other ingredients because I'm a maverick and I ooze simple rustic charm, and I didn't have them anyway.

While all this was going on I did all the washing up, AND made a fucking banana bread with walnuts and put that in the oven, and then mopped up the rustic charm and sanitized all surfaces. Then I floured the trout and slapped them in a hot pan for about 3 minutes each side and also briefly stir fried some tender broccoli. We ate. It was righteous. Then a slightly burned banana bread made its entrance, and despite some minor charring I found it spectacular. Essentially I performed as a shaman kitchen warlord, and so I just stood there with my arms on my hips for a few minutes while my girlfriend hugged my ankles.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I just made some Super Noodles. Warrior Poet status not achieved :(

I believe that qualifies you for the title of Ewok Minstrel

Last night I promised to cook something foolproof and simple at 7, but then I went to the shop and looked around for ages and ended up buying some blamming cool stuff. I rocked up at my house 20 minutes late, sweating, wordlessly marched into the kitchen swinging trout fillets either side of my face like a bizarre fish pendulum, dropped some new potatoes into boiling water with a sweet fadeaway and a few hook shots. Spuds simmering, I whipped up Delia's parsley sauce apart from the mace because I don't know what that is, and a few other ingredients because I'm a maverick and I ooze simple rustic charm, and I didn't have them anyway.

While all this was going on I did all the washing up, AND made a fucking banana bread with walnuts and put that in the oven, and then mopped up the rustic charm and sanitized all surfaces. Then I floured the trout and slapped them in a hot pan for about 3 minutes each side and also briefly stir fried some tender broccoli. We ate. It was righteous. Then a slightly burned banana bread made its entrance, and despite some minor charring I found it spectacular. Essentially I performed as a shaman kitchen warlord, and so I just stood there with my arms on my hips for a few minutes while my girlfriend hugged my ankles.

beautiful.

Archived