IGNORED

Hummus Appreciation Thread

Hautlle

I'm just chilling, snacking on some Athenos brand Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and this shit is delicious. I like hummus in general and really appreciate the simpler things in life, like some delicious hummus with flatbread. I've got some scrumptious whole grain flatbread and it really goes along with this hummus, you know? Anyway, hummus is awesome, so if you love hummus or have some hummus anecdotes you'd like to share, or just want to talk about hummus, let's do it here and now watmm.

hummus.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

I always spell it houmous? Who knows

Morrisons' new Moroccan Humous is really super tasty

Morrocan houmous from sainsburys is tip-top but asda Morrocan houmous isn't even slightly the same thing and its foul.

Also never buy the reduced fat ones they are like wet sand.

I made houmous for a girl once but it didn't turn out that great, and when I gave it to her she was drunk and I ate it all anyway. Houmus Hummus houmus humous

Homemade is so much better than the ready made stuff you buy in stores.

Guest Iain C

I adore houmous... I don't know a single vegetarian or vegan who isn't completely reliant on it. Trying to cut down on fat these days so I eat it less often, but damned if there's anything that incapsulates the idea of simple, elegant beauty better than houmous and pitta.

warning - hummus anecdote:

i once bought some jalapeno hummus from sainsburys and took it home and ate it with some toasted pitta. upon finishing the whole pot in one sitting (yes just one sitting!!) i enthusiastically declared "this is the best hummus i have ever tasted!".

true story.

Guest Coalbucket PI

houmous annecdote:

I took some hummus to a festival and after three days in a warm tent the humous was in subprime condition and tasted quite fizzy on the tongue but I ate it anyway and it was really nice

From the all-knowing wikipedia:

Hummus (a transliteration of the Arabic: حمّص‎; also spelled hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos, hummous, or humus[1])

Guest Coalbucket PI

I think the only reasonable solution is for us to refer to it by the entire list of permutations, i.e.

"I'm going to the shops to pick up some hummus hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus"

Last night I had a garlic and coriander toasted pitta with Morrisons' Moroccan hummus hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus, Mature Canadian Cheddar, Rocket, Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh sliced Red Chillies. As soon as I finished it Mrs. LUDD returned from work and when I explained how tasty it was I had to make another one for her. THEN when I saw her enjoying her garlic and coriander toasted pitta with Morrisons' Moroccan hummus hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus, Mature Canadian Cheddar, Rocket andCherry Tomatoes - she did not want the sliced chillies - I came over all envious and had to make a THIRD garlic and coriander toasted pitta with Morrisons' Moroccan hummus hamos, hommos, hommus, homos, houmous, hummos,hummous, or humus, Mature Canadian Cheddar, Rocket, Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh sliced Red Chillies for myself. How we laughed.

Guest 277: 930-933

I love hoummus but it's really hard to get any decent pre-made hummus here so I have to resort to making it myself which is cool but it's horrible getting the leftover humus out between the blades of my blender, so the moral to the story is that everything has a downside, even homos.

But I'm making some tonight, lots of garlic and have some assorted chopped vegetables with it and maybe some falafel balls as well. And a shitload of green peppers (not bell peppers the jalapeno kind but milder).

I'm getting a houmos boner.

Archived