IGNORED

What's the biggest thing you've ever killed, intentionally/unintentionally?

Guest KY

so i'm curious what the biggest thing you burly watmmers have had to put down, or murk, as we say in the states. i guess putting down your dog counts, even though that comes with universally accepted and emotional responses.

i've been having a problem with mice in my apartment—i saw one several months ago in the dark, though wasn't entirely sure until my girlfriend swore on her life that she saw one on my kitchen counter. i bought two sticky traps, hoping in all honesty that the mice would get the hint and leave. but no. mice are fucking stupid.

after hearing occasional squeaking last night, i look to the trap on the counter to see my catch. a little mouse, no bigger then the length of my thumb (~3 in/7-8 cm). my girlfriend squeals and tells me to get rid of it. i realize i'm going to have to kill it, and after psyching myself up for a good five seconds, throw the mouse/trap into a plastic bag and take it outside. after a few more seconds, i stomp the bag and throw it in the trashcan. (and i swear to fucking god, i heard a few scratching noises afterwards, and could have SWORN i saw another mouse dancing around the trashcan, trying to save its ratatouille dad). problem over. er wait, no. not at all.

i put the mousetrap that was on the floor up on the counter where i caught the first, and found TWO more fucking mice this morning. I just don't have the heart to stomp any more, so i just triplebag the mice/trap and throw it in the same trashcan. problem solved...?

anyway, i'm curious what the biggest thing you've ever killed was, and how you felt about it. from euthanasia to hunting, vermin-killing to cold-blooded murder, there must be some interesting backstories here.

jason_voorhees12.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mouse in a mouse trap. I felt so bad about it that I resorted to using rat bait, so that they could die a prolonged and agonising death but I wouldn't have to see it. I have put my dog down and one cat.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've done mice in mousetraps. I never caught any very big fish but I always let them go anyway. I ordered a pretty big lobster once in a restaurant, that sort of counts. My friend hit a seagull out of a sky with a stone on the beach, that's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, although I doubt it died.

When I was a kid me and my brother used to sit cross-legged opposite each other and throw our guinea pig back and forth. He died of liver or kidney problems which I later found out is common if they fall or are dropped, so that was probably our fault.

There was a raccoon on my roof so I threw a tennis ball at it, smacking the little shit in the face. The rodent then fell off my roof and landed on the cement and died.

True story. Turns out it was digging into the roof and had babies. We set the babies out into the wild.

I ordered a pretty big lobster once in a restaurant, that sort of counts.

fucking lol, first world murder ftw!

Turns out it was digging into the roof and had rabies. We set the rabies on fire

This sounds like a happier ending to me

Probably run over turtles in the car without realizing it (was that a speedbump? On the highway?). However, easily the most direct killing I've ever had to do myself was earlier this year. The cat got into a clutch of baby bunnies and was systematically dragging them out into the yard and killing/eating them. When she got to (what I assume) was the last one, she tore its belly open and then got bored and decided to go do something else.

So, basically, I'm out in the yard and there's this half alive baby bunny who is gasping with ragged bloody breaths, while its intestines are half leaking out of its side. I looked around and grabbed the nearest thing I could use to kill it quickly (couldn't bring myself to stomp/twist it's neck). These happened to be the hedge cutters, which I put around its neck, apologized to the bunny, and clamped down until I felt its neck snap. It was simultaneously terrible and gut-wrenching (particularly because I had to open and close them a couple of time to make sure for myself I had totally severed it) as well as oddly "ok." I mean, in terms of mercy killing, you can't get much more merciful than putting a dying baby bunny out of its misery.

I have wiped out an entire family of spiders. This one kind carries it's babies on it's back, so I made it crawl onto a piece of paper and then hosed it with fly spray. Watched all of the babies scatter and die.

On a school camping trip, one of my teachers hit a kangaroo in a 4WD we were riding in. We got out and it was lying on the dirt road bleeding from its nose, breathing blood in and out. It's tail was slowly moving. My teacher picked up a huge rock and dropped it on the Roo's head. It's body gave a bit of a spasm and then it was dead.

I shot a pigeon once while high on k

Edit: I must say I am not at all proud of this as I thought I'd never hit the poor bugger. I'm never gonna aim a gun at anything living again.

Ran over a possum once. My passenger was amazed that I just pointed and said "possum" and ran over it without hitting the breaks. However, she didn't realize that the road we were on was narrow enough not to risk swerving and flipping the car. and there were people behind us that would've crashed into us. it sucked. poor possum. sure a buzzard ate him though. you go, buzzard, holler at your boy fred.

I have killed a deer, a deer that looked like me

FLOL!~

as a kid i once improvised a fishing line with an improvised hook and pretended to fish

unintentionally, i did caught a small fish and yanked the wire pretty hard

the fish got away, but on the hook the fish's lips remained

that probably killed him eventually

i may not have killed the biggest animal, but my method was probably the most brutal

you haven't really killed an animal if you didn't de-lipped it first

pansies

Archived