IGNORED

ernesto che' guevera

Guest yikes

they don't make em like this anymore

i am hard pressed to find a modern equivalent

pinko commie executioner /loser or revolutionary author, poet military commadante,teacher, physician,christ like figure for the poor and opressed

all by the age of 39

i feel useless and self absorbed by comparison

thoughts?

Guest Franklin

agreed.

on a related note when I turned 25 I became suddenly clinically depressed as I began comparing my life to that of James Joyce, who by that age had already written his "the portrait of the artist as a young man."

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

on a related note when I turned 25 I became suddenly clinically depressed as I began comparing my life to that of James Joyce, who by that age had already written his "the portrait of the artist as a young man."

how did you overcome that?

something relevant posted 2 days ago on imgur:

GKMgn.png

the problem with this is that its hard to differentiate between what he did for the state and Castro (other than agrarian reform). how ruthless was he compared to Batista? its not hard to understand the man's motivations, for better or worse. I think he was an uncompromising idealist for the worse. Maybe I am not very informed on the crimes against humanity Guevara himself committed.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

something relevant posted 2 days ago on imgur:

GKMgn.png

the problem with this is that its hard to differentiate between what he did for the state and Castro (other than agrarian reform). how ruthless was he compared to Batista? its not hard to understand the man's motivations, for better or worse. I think he was an uncompromising idealist for the worse. Maybe I am not very informed on the crimes against humanity Guevara himself committed.

well, I think that Guevara's agrarian reform did as much damage to Cuba as Batista's US corporations-friendly policies did. Cuba sure needed to fix their agrarian sector, but you can't expect to change things so quickly and deeply without a following bad reaction from the economy. Maybe a slow and progressive change wasn't possible at the time though.

Regarding his crimes against humanity, some people described him as a cold-hearted murderer that killed in order to achieve his goals; from what I read about/by him, I find such description plausible, so I agree with you that he was an idealist of the bad kind. However, I think Batista went farther by using torture more and more frequently towards the end of his dictatorship.

i've been to cuba twice and it didn't seem like hell

most common people seemed happy except the doctors and lawyers who had traveled outside the country and realized they were making no money and did not get to drive the BMW SUV

i did see many people being super industrious and hard working as opposed to jamaica where it seems much more laid back and less productive on all fronts

Archived