oscillik

http://www.slashfilm...de-runner-film/

really don't know how I feel about this. it could be great, could also be so very very very shit.

Christ, the poor grammar in this article really gives me a headache. Do people hire editors anymore?

Anyway, I'll wait to see how his new movie turns out then I'll probably pop a vein about fucking up Blade Runner.

Blade Runner 2: Running on Blades

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Basically I will wait to shit painful disappointing bricks until I see a decent length Prometheus trailer

Guest Coalbucket PI

I think he still makes or can make pretty good films but nothing of the calibre of Blade Runner. I liked Body Of Lies and Gladiator. This sequel is just bound to be worse than the original partly because of how good the original is and also because he's not nearly as good of a director any more. As others said, see how he fudges Prometheus first. I also heard he was doing some other sci fi book adaptation? And I think I read something about Brave New World too but that was probably bullshit.

It was just revealed that Ridley Scott signed on to produce and direct a new "Blade Runner" film. LA Times now caught up with producer Andrew Kosove (Insomnia) to find out how he was able to get the director of the original film interested in a second installment.

"We had a few Plan Bs. But we were really focusing on Plan A, which was Ridley," explained Kosove, who simply reached out to Scott's production company to see if the director would sit down with him.

Scott agreed and the two men met. Over the course of one meeting, they hashed out how a new film would look, how it could avoid seeming too similar to the many movies that have since paid homage to the original, and how different the new film should be from the original itself.

"Everything Ridley does as a filmmaker is fresh," Kosove said. "I believe he sees an opportunity to create something that's wholly original from the first 'Blade Runner.'"

The two are now looking for a writer and are hoping to begin shooting in early 2013. And while it's still unknown whether the new film will be a sequel or a prequel, Kosove said that Harrison Ford will not be involved. "Will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford? The answer is no," he explained. "This is a total reinvention, and that means doing everything fresh, including casting."

[/left]

If it's a total reinvention doing everything fresh, why call it a blade runner sequel, or prequel, whatever it is once the script is finished in a boardroom meeting. What happened to making original movies?

Edited by Gocab

Guest Deep Fried Everything

What happened to making original movies?

obviously, sir, you are not hollywood material :rtfm: we must have sequels and only sequels (or pre-quels/remakes)

in regards to blade runner re-make, i can only say that it's not giving me that "barton fink" feeling.

The two are now looking for a writer and are hoping to begin shooting in early 2013. And while it's still unknown whether the new film will be a sequel or a prequel,

Seriously, fuck this shit. I wish they would make films based on actual scripts and not have a bunch of monkeys write what they think market wants.

Edited by Gocab

It's going to use the BR universe, as Prometheus is going to use the Alien universe without being a direct prequel/sequel, although Prometheus seems to have some sort of space jockey in it, so who knows.

Dear Hollywood, when you Philip K. Dick:

next-poster-0.jpg

967839~Paycheck-Video-Release-Posters.jpg

do_not_want_star_wars.jpg

minority_report-11414.jpg

don't these fucktards know that nobody wants to see them fucking remake fucking bladerunner? i mean, seriously, pull your heads out of your asses. nobody wants to see this shit. drop the project and do something else.

what can i say? it is what it is.

unknown whether the new film will be a sequel or a prequel

it is one of these two things. not totally sure which, no! might as well just remake it, don't have to write the script then

Guest disparaissant
VO: He was hired to eliminate the replicants..

(slow-mo shot of Harrison Ford drawing revolver from trenchcoat)

VO: This was not called "killing". This was called "retiring".

(slow-mo shot of Rutger Hauer dying in the rain)

VO: But what he wasn't ready for...

(close up of Harrison Ford's furrowed brow)

VO: ...is the NEXT generation of replicants!

(record scratch noise. CGI baby pulls down sunglasses on bridge of nose, smirks, raises eyebrow)

Baby Replicant: Heh. You were expecting Darryl Hannah?

("Walking on Sunshine" covered by Smash Mouth starts playing, montage of babies getting into trouble: spilling chocolate sauce, slapping an ostrich, trying on adult clothing, etc)

VO: Now THIS Blade Runner...

(Baby squirts toothpaste tube at Harrison Ford, who squints and spits)

VO: Is in for a "retirement"...

(Baby Girl Replicant holds up hand)

Baby Girl Replicant: Talk to the bioengineered expiry-enforced hand!

VO: ... he'll never forget!

(shot of Harrison Ford covered in flour, shaking both fists and shouting at the ceiling)

Harrison Ford: BABY REPLICAAAANNNNTS!!!!

VO: This summer....

(shot of Baby Replicants driving a taxi)

VO: Get ready to BLADE RUN!

Baby Replicant: I thought you said you knew how to drive this thing!

Wizened Asian Man: I should have made you some better eyes!

(taxi turns corner, knocks over fruit stand, chickens fly out in a panic)

Baby Replicants: WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

VO: Blade Runner Kids! Coming soon to theatres everywhere!

(CGI graphic appears on screen: "In Disney Digital 3-D")

http://www.metafilter.com/106641/I-need-ya-Decks-This-is-a-bad-one-the-worst-yet-I-need-the-old-blade-runner-I-need-your-magic#3877622

I can't see that this sequel will give me the same warm/nice feeling between my legs. But I'm willing to give it a go.

can you pinpoint the occurrence of that feeling down to a particular scene, or is it just building throughout the entire film, from the moment you see the tree?

I can't see that this sequel will give me the same warm/nice feeling between my legs. But I'm willing to give it a go.

can you pinpoint the occurrence of that feeling down to a particular scene, or is it just building throughout the entire film, from the moment you see the tree?

perv. lol

It's going to use the BR universe, as Prometheus is going to use the Alien universe without being a direct prequel/sequel, although Prometheus seems to have some sort of space jockey in it, so who knows.

besides having a space jockey it looks like a straight up homage or channeling of Alien 1, have you seen the leaked comic con footage yet?

perv. lol

400px-1_blade_runner.jpg

perv. lol

400px-1_blade_runner.jpg

^ looks like my Dad. seriously. and i look like my Dad... i don't have an earring, tho. or a gun, anymore.

besides having a space jockey it looks like a straight up homage or channeling of Alien 1, have you seen the leaked comic con footage yet?

Saw some screengrabs from it, although pretty grainy and shady it does look likes it mirrors the Alien aesthetic, which is nice and it will be interesting to see what Giger conjures up.

VO: He was hired to eliminate the replicants..

(slow-mo shot of Harrison Ford drawing revolver from trenchcoat)

VO: This was not called "killing". This was called "retiring".

(slow-mo shot of Rutger Hauer dying in the rain)

VO: But what he wasn't ready for...

(close up of Harrison Ford's furrowed brow)

VO: ...is the NEXT generation of replicants!

(record scratch noise. CGI baby pulls down sunglasses on bridge of nose, smirks, raises eyebrow)

Baby Replicant: Heh. You were expecting Darryl Hannah?

("Walking on Sunshine" covered by Smash Mouth starts playing, montage of babies getting into trouble: spilling chocolate sauce, slapping an ostrich, trying on adult clothing, etc)

VO: Now THIS Blade Runner...

(Baby squirts toothpaste tube at Harrison Ford, who squints and spits)

VO: Is in for a "retirement"...

(Baby Girl Replicant holds up hand)

Baby Girl Replicant: Talk to the bioengineered expiry-enforced hand!

VO: ... he'll never forget!

(shot of Harrison Ford covered in flour, shaking both fists and shouting at the ceiling)

Harrison Ford: BABY REPLICAAAANNNNTS!!!!

VO: This summer....

(shot of Baby Replicants driving a taxi)

VO: Get ready to BLADE RUN!

Baby Replicant: I thought you said you knew how to drive this thing!

Wizened Asian Man: I should have made you some better eyes!

(taxi turns corner, knocks over fruit stand, chickens fly out in a panic)

Baby Replicants: WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

VO: Blade Runner Kids! Coming soon to theatres everywhere!

(CGI graphic appears on screen: "In Disney Digital 3-D")

http://www.metafilte...r-magic#3877622

lol, I was going to post that here too