oscillik

Johann Johannson is officially out... how can they drop the main composer with 3 weeks until the movie premieres? Yeah, they brought in Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch to assist earlier this year, but still...

Maybe it was not bass heavy & eardrum-crushing enough following producers tastes?

More seriously, I'm curious about the true reasons. I suppose we will get more information about the whole story some time after the movie is released

or there's something called a schedule and Johansson was already too busy to score this movie. But no it's probably zimmer trying to destroy him.

zimmer is evil. yo don no

I really enjoyed that first of the three short films or whatever. I really like the idea of movies putting out short films as trailers verses just trailers that give away the plot of the movie . It would help flesh out the world before you see the movie, thereby making the impact of the movie greater :)

I'd love for movies to do that more often.

Johann Johannson is officially out... how can they drop the main composer with 3 weeks until the movie premieres? Yeah, they brought in Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch to assist earlier this year, but still...

There is something really off about this. I mean, it's like weeks away. You can't even pre-order the soundtrack anywhere.

There is something really off about this. I mean, it's like weeks away. You can't even pre-order the soundtrack anywhere.

Yeah, and all of Johannson's music he did has been removed from the film... surely that affected edits to the film (sometimes they edit a scene to fit the music better), etc...

They should fire Zimmer too and just reuse Toto's Dune soundtrack

Actually, when you look around, there are so many good composers out there who could (and probably should) have been given the assignment. But it's all about who you know.

Lol. I bet Ridley Scott hasn't even heard of most of the artists that get discussed here and other places. All he knows is people in the business. Just a handful of 'go-to' guys.

Zimmer's been in the business for decades, scoring dozens of films - despite that fact that (for me) he has probably only written two good scores.

I think he is the most overrated composer in the film business.

Edited by fumi