oscillik

If he can do anything like "Memories in Green," I'll be delighted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uXnXEdXGJY

An excerpt of it plays on the main menu for the DVD, and I used to leave it on until it would start the movie.

Edited by Braintree

Hmmm....

Hopefully he will bust out the synthesizers

I could see this work, he's a talented musician and all

the original bladerunner is very personal to me. a close friend of mine was defined by it. given that the film for me  is nearly a last rights, i am of course very resistant to the sequel, i am hesitant to even watch it. being a long time jóhannsson listener, he does give me more faith. villeneuve could achieve greatness if he tried hard enough.

His other soundtrack work has been extremely boring/by the numbers, with the exception of Sicario. I can't say I am all that excited, but the movie will probably be trash anyhow, so who gives a shit.

i hope not 

Edited by Redruth

He has done some electronic stuff before so I'm super curious.

A little less sexy sax though please.

oh come on! What i love about the sax in the soundtrack is how well it blends with the synths. I generally don't the sax though, so it's impressive to me when they're used well

FSOL for soundtrack pls

I could get behind this.

I'd also throw these names into the mix as potential composers for the film: Ryuichi Sakamoto, Biosphere, Trent Reznor + Atticus Ross, and Bola

All assuming that Vangelis doesn't do the thing.

Not one mention of B12!

(purely hypothetically of course)

warpcd37cd1.jpg

its lame. most reboots/sequels nowadays stick too close to the original on account of not annoying the fans (altho deep down we all know its more on account of making something the audience will recognize and draw bigger numbers at the box office because at the end of the day that's all that really matters anymore when making a big budget film). 

would be very nice for this film to take a fresh approach and not sit too closely to the original. ((( *cough* mad max style, perhaps )))

In my experience with remakes and cover versions of things I'm a fan of, sticking too close to the original can be just as annoying if not more. Usually results in a shitty imitation or tribute and in the worst case scenario it pisses you off by suggesting that something about the original needed updating or improving. Better to do a completely different take on it then.

Hopefully they learned a lesson from Star Wars. Force Awakens really straddled the line in this regard, I'm still iffy on how much it paralleled and references ANH. The whole redux of the Death Star attack still irks me but otherwise the other references were a reset and palette cleanser of the errs of the prequels overall but for me specifically the CGI clusterfuck of those films. Force Awakens biggest accomplishment for me was how much it looked and felt like the original trilogy and how (hopefully) it how it will bridge the old characters to the to new ones. If the new Blade Runner can do that I'll be a happy camper.

Question for more knowledgeble Blade Runner fans...is this going to have any relation to the book Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human plot wise?