oscillik

Why would they get Vangelis? They want to make their own movie, they're not doing a remake. The original soundtrack is great, an inferior modern copy wouldn't do anyone any good.

i don't think it would be a copy cause vangelis is 30 yrs older and he moved from the sound of first blade runner and he's still a genius level artist as he always was imo, not sure about jj

edit: their own movie? why are they doing a sequel then?

Edited by xox

i don't think it would be a copy cause vangelis is 30 yrs older and he moved from the sound of first blade runner and he's still a genius level as he always was imo, not sure about jj

I thought it wasn't a sequel, but a re-adaptation?

edit: notices the thread title. maybe they changed their plans and I didn't spot it, but could've sworn that was the original plan.

i don't think it would be a copy cause vangelis is 30 yrs older and he moved from the sound of first blade runner and he's still a genius level as he always was imo, not sure about jj

I thought it wasn't a sequel, but a re-adaptation?

hmmm afaik it's a sequel

edit cause of your edit: i see ;)

Edited by xox

it'd be next to impossible to pull off recreating the same style of the original, in terms of the production design, atmosphere, etc (though Villeneuve's Enemy has some quite successful nods towards Blade Runner so maybe he's more capable than anyone else). the original was a pretty singular film in that regard. so much more meat in the original story as well to pick from as well.

Probably one of those sequel as remake as reboot deals, like The Thing and Jurassic World.

I think The Thing remake was actually supposed to be a prequel for some reason, real shame they didn't release the proper version of that with all the original practical fx they did, the rest of the movie was actually pretty good, ruined by crappy CG.

• 1 month later...

Worlds oldest replicant

Yeah, I wonder how Scott is going to explain Deckard, who he (Scott) himself said was a replicant, lives 30+ years beyond his incept date?

I bet they say Rachel (Sean Young) reached her 4-year limit and died, and Deckard is distraught over his continued living, not knowing why he doesn't die...

Gosling got that "wtf did I get myself into"  stare going on.

He knows this movie is already a failure.

edit: are they gonna play a game of russian roulette?

Edited by olo

Worlds oldest replicant

Yeah, I wonder how Scott is going to explain Deckard, who he (Scott) himself said was a replicant, lives 30+ years beyond his incept date?

I bet they say Rachel (Sean Young) reached her 4-year limit and died, and Deckard is distraught over his continued living, not knowing why he doesn't die...

Maybe Deckard was the replicant with no incep date, not Rachel.

Apparently, this terrible Kurt Russell 90s flick exists in the Blade Runner universe, they make several references in it:

E83F5DAF-5FCD-4D8A-8ABD-3E781354CF89_zps

Haha, really? I thought they were just being cheeky with that stuff. Such a turd.

Worlds oldest replicant

Maybe Deckard was the replicant with no incep date, not Rachel.

Apparently, this terrible Kurt Russell 90s flick exists in the Blade Runner universe, they make several references in it:

E83F5DAF-5FCD-4D8A-8ABD-3E781354CF89_zps

I thought due to emotional instability the 4-year incept date was a kill switch of sorts to prevent that... so is Deckard loopy at this point, having lived so long, or did he beat the odds?

I remember that film - it was ass.

He will have been upgraded so he can live past his expiry, or if he's running on android he will have been rooted by one an XDA developers (probably Gosling) to bypass the limitations and bloatware in his code by JF Sebastian. Refreshed data partition but probably a microSD card with some memory on it that'll make him go looking for Sean Young.

He will have been upgraded so he can live past his expiry, or if he's running on android he will have been rooted by one an XDA developers (probably Gosling) to bypass the limitations and bloatware in his code by JF Sebastian. Refreshed data partition but probably a microSD card with some memory on it that'll make him go looking for Sean Young.

We're not machines, Sebastian - we're physical!

I wonder if they're going to run with the idea of video phones and all of that other outdated stuff as if it's an alternate reality.

Worst idea in the history of film.

Like trying to make a sequel to Citizen Kane.

which will eventually happen by the looks of things

James Franco will star, write and direct. Bet that.

I think Blade Runner 2049 will have to do something really different, we're pretty much all roboted out...and zombied out. Familiarity is killing us. Even a great show like Westworld is marred by us thinking about other shows, movies, books. etc. I imagine it's very difficult to get any new juice outta such a well worn genre. All we can do is have faith in the creative talent, and if that leads to disappointment, double dawg dang, we've been there before with Prometheus.

I just don't see how it's possible to both do justice to the original and spend the kind of money that a modern day cyberpunk flick will cost.

The original had a larger budget than Aliens and Raiders and was a box office failure. No one is doubling down on that.

Edited by doublename