oscillik

anybody know Shadowrun?? (the RPG). that shit needs a movie, well aside from this

Yeeeeaaaaah, I played the FUCK out of the SNES game back in the day (also beat the sega some years later). It's my favorite SNES game. I've never had the chance of playing the actual tabletop rpg. 

The SNES OST is super nostalgic for me as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Was Johann Johansson just announced as the movie's composer or did I miss something? Anyway, that's kinda what I wished for, soooo... that's pretty sweet, I guess.

Yeah, some time ago - dunno if that's a good thing or not (honestly haven't heard any of his stuff for other movies).

Following up Vangelis is a pretty tall order...

Was Johann Johansson just announced as the movie's composer or did I miss something? Anyway, that's kinda what I wished for, soooo... that's pretty sweet, I guess.

Yeah, some time ago - dunno if that's a good thing or not (honestly haven't heard any of his stuff for other movies).

Hopefully they're not gonna try and create a new Vangelis album. First of all, that wouldn't work now and Johann Johannsson is too good to have to imitate anyone.

I can't wait to see this then realize it was shittier than I ever imagined it could have been, then go home disappointed in humanity and try to numb my mind to avoid committing suicide over the cinematic atrocity that I just witnessed

Well I think what we can count on is that it will be visually masterful, as I think Prometheus falls into this category. I think that if Scott is involved in anyway then he will make sure of this. Part of the original's brilliance was the visual quality and atmosphere, so that needs to be a huge priority.

I personally don't like ryan gosling that much so I am a bit disappointed although I don't know who else would be a good fit for this movie. Hopefully he does a good job at least.

What really needs to happen is for them to carry an artistic vision without thinking about homage to the originally whatsoever. If fan service is paid it needs to be subtle and not overt.

If it turns into some sort of deckard vs the establisment/goes back for justice against his creators story then it's going to be lame as fuck.

It really needs to have a focus on existential ideas and to play with the audiences perspective of morality and humanity. if it focuses on these psychological subjects it will be very good. If it turns too bland and focuses on things like revenge and justice it will be fucking awful. 

We should walk away from this questioning all of the things that we are on the precipice of experiencing now. There are very interesting and very real discussions we can have about technology, AI, ethics and morality, love, etc. that SHOULD be topics in this film.

Hopefully they're not gonna try and create a new Vangelis album. First of all, that wouldn't work now and Johann Johannsson is too good to have to imitate anyone.

Actually I just remembered I heard an interview on NPR about Vangelis' new album for the space probe and his music, and Johannsson was interviewed as well and is a huge admirer of Vangelis' soundtrack work...

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/17/497797809/from-composer-vangelis-a-true-story-set-in-outer-space

They should get Mads Mikkelsen to play the new Roy Batty replicant...

What's the bloke doing the music made that's any good? I listened to his latest and it was pretty boring, reminded me of BT for some reason.

Sicario, Prisoners, I Am Here, and he has done a bunch of solo albums that are all worth checking out as well: And In the Endless Pause There Came the Sound of Bees, Orphée, End of Summer, Copenhagen Dreams etc. Some of his older stuff is a bunch of electronic elements which are cool but never anything too synth-ish.

• 1 month later...

https://www.facebook.com/BladeRunnerMovie/videos/1145244412257351/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Getting kinda tired of seeing Harrison Ford in "old man" versions of his roles, really. I'm hoping he doesn't dominate the movie as much. I also love how they still managed to put the "single piano note" trailer cliche in, gah.

Music is pretty lush though.

I make fun of Star Wars fans all the time, but I am incapable of expressing (or having) even a single rational thought about this shiny bauble of a film. Take my money.

edit:  :cattears:  :cattears:  :cattears:  :cattears:  :cattears:  :cattears:  :cattears:  :cattears:  :cattears:  :cattears:

Edited by doublename