oscillik

Gosling is alright. He good in Nice Guys and Drive. Hard to say what this movie will be about from that teaser. The visual aesthetic looks correct at least. Hopefully there is little Harrison in it. He is just old grumpy Harrison in  the movies now.

Guest bitroast

i always liked the disambigious ending of blade runner and the whole is harrison ford a robot or human thing going on. i think the movie kept itself pretty smart by not spelling that out 100% and leaving it a little bit open to interpretation.

really baffled as to how they're gonna touch on that.. with harrison ford being harrison ford :psyduck: 

shoulda just been a gosling movie imo, with no fordie boy./i says,without having seen the film.

i thought harrison ford was pretty good in force awakens. fitted with the friendly tone real nicely. i just .. cant wrap my head around this one tho. maybe seeing ... is believing ???

i always liked the disambigious ending of blade runner and the whole is harrison ford a robot or human thing going on. i think the movie kept itself pretty smart by not spelling that out 100% and leaving it a little bit open to interpretation.

really baffled as to how they're gonna touch on that.. with harrison ford being harrison ford :psyduck:

shoulda just been a gosling movie imo, with no fordie boy./i says,without having seen the film.

i thought harrison ford was pretty good in force awakens. fitted with the friendly tone real nicely. i just .. cant wrap my head around this one tho. maybe seeing ... is believing ???

Harrison said in a reddit AMA that he really liked the ambiguous ending (and that people are still thinking about this). I'm not sure he'd be game to change that. ultimately I'd assume it's up to Scott. I'm not convinced he has the shred of decency left to honor a historic film, not after Prometheus.

Gosling is not a terrible actor, but he has one facial expression and I'm getting tired of seeing it.

Guest bitroast

disambigious! whoop mean ambigious.

and yeah i agree^

maybe that one facial expression will serve replicant world blade runner gosling well :^)

whose to say

I looked up the rumours and discussions about this (somehow still an interesting subject after all these years) and apparently Ridley wanted Deckard to be a replicant from the get-go, motivation being that it was more provocative, but Harrison (together with Rutger Hauer and others on the set) was very resistant to the idea because audiences would have no human element to relate to, which convinced him to depict him as human The Director's and Final cut versions imply Ridley's vision (replicant eye-twinkle in one scene and origami), and he's said in interviews since that Deckard is in fact a replicant. Valid arguments can be made for both sides depending on how you watch the films, or which version you watch. Harrison Ford still seems to resist it in interviews, and has some great moments where he pokes fun at the ambiguity. Deckard's shaky resentment towards replicants, and perhaps resistance towards the possibility of being one himself, makes for some good symbolism either way and the story should be interpreted from his point of view - i.e a big "I don't know". I think it is a bad idea to start poking around. Perhaps the best outcome for the sequel would be if they didn't even mention it.

Ridley recently said that Deckard was a Nexus-6 in an interview about this sequel, but considering their short lifespan, that makes no sense.

Edited by chim

The twist will be that gosling kills ford, only to find out after he was human after all, and that gosling is a replicant.

Cue blade runner 3: the hunt for gosling

Edited by Kcinsu

Dude made friggin' Fordlandia. One of the most transcendental pieces I've ever heard. I have faith.

Yeah but he's a double-namer, and double-namers are sketchy as fuck

Like mate, what are you hiding with that double-name?

• 1 month later...

Villeneuve's doing a Dune reboot.

Quite a pace he's got since 2013, a release per year. He also doesn't write screenplays unlike before (naturally for such tempo). It's likely that he tries to build himself a rep for grander own projects or wanted to initially and then couldn't turn down juicy reboots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

supposedly the budget for this is VERY high which means it will have to do insane box office numbers to break even (between $500-$700 million)

personally i don't see that happening but i'm guessing they're banking on when it's being released where it's (only?) real competition will be saw: legacy