???

???

Guest transmisiones ferox

Disappointed that those posters follow the orange/blue trend

???

???

???

is normal.

I have faith in mr. Villeneuve, he made some good movies, despite some are pretty overrated, don't blame Hollywood for milking him, but some are classic.

go watch Incendies.

my question marks were just wondering what the orange/blue trend is.

Ahh sorry, I misconstrued the multiple questions marks to just be sarcasm.

Figured watmm was already aware of this being a trend

that blog post is stupid. his argument that color correcting films to make them look sharper and snappier is not only bad film making, but the greatest scourge of cinema of the last 15 years is ridiculous. Who cares. I didn't leave transformers thinking "wow I really wish I could have seen shia lebeouf's CORRECT skin tone. that would have fixed this movie." obviously not. yes color palate and correction certainly affect the tone and feel of a film - that's obvious. the matrix and enemy are two easy examples. But getting upset because a preview movie poster has the cyans and oranges pumped up? dang. 

Edited by dr lopez

that blog post is stupid. his argument that color correcting films to make them look sharper and snappier is not only bad film making, but the greatest scourge of cinema of the last 15 years is ridiculous.

He never said that about color correction, if anything he admitted it was a great tool used narrow-mindedly based on one theoretical concept.

I'm not watching a lot of movies these days, so i would want more pedantic approach to examples though, not a bunch of nonames and a couple of stupid blockbusters to support your point, maybe also show a couple of films where color correction was done the other way.

that blog post is stupid. his argument that color correcting films to make them look sharper and snappier is not only bad film making, but the greatest scourge of cinema of the last 15 years is ridiculous.

He never said that about color correction, if anything he admitted it was a great tool used narrow-mindedly based on one theoretical concept.

I'm not watching a lot of movies these days, so i would want more pedantic approach to examples though, not a bunch of nonames and a couple of stupid blockbusters to support your point, maybe also show a couple of films where color correction was done the other way.

Here's a short read on grading vs. correction:

https://learning.linkedin.com/blog/design-tips/color-grading-vs--color-correction--what-s-the-difference-

Here's a short read on grading vs. correction:

https://learning.linkedin.com/blog/design-tips/color-grading-vs--color-correction--what-s-the-difference-

Yeah, words are like bitches, inconsistent