oscillik

the trailer looks beautiful, but it doesn't look like blade runner. too much open space, too clean, a lot of cgi... looks more like the ghost in the shell movie.

also doesn't feel like the blade runner vibe storywise. more like a typical modern hollywood action flick. huge budget so probably ultra compromised.

and who the fuck cast leto in this? ffs...

don't have high hopes for this one unfortunately.

but honestly... making a sequel to blade runner is so difficult just from the get go. should just leave it alone, man.

watmm_blade-runner-color-fix.jpg

So after working for more than 30 minutes to de-orange Blade Runner 2049 shots, I've come to the conclusion that the use of such shiny orange ridiculousness is for the same purpose as overly brickwall limited music-- initial hard impact.  In imagination, a lot of people think the original Blade Runner was super bright and neon and vaporwave/outrun, but it was much more subtle in impact, which is why it feels so atmospheric- you can feel the dust and the grime and wind and all that shit.  It wasn't in your face.

Aaaaanyway.....

Edited by peace 7

Leto has acting chops, he's not totally useless. just hope it's appropriate for the tone and setting.

Leto has acting chops, he's not totally useless. just hope it's appropriate for the tone and setting.

The Blade Runner 2049 twist: Jared Leto reprises his role as The Joker in Blade Runner 2049.  It turns out that The Joker originally created replicants to rob banks, but due to his zany whackiness, shit went south.  It is up to him and Ryan Gosling to team up with Deckard, to give the best random blowjobs to homeless men- IN ORANGE.

If you're going to use lube, use the one with the orange/blue label. If you can trigger people by using certain colors, by all means do! =D

So after working for more than 30 minutes to de-orange Blade Runner 2049 shots, I've come to the conclusion that the use of such shiny orange ridiculousness is for the same purpose as overly brickwall limited music-- initial hard impact.  In imagination, a lot of people think the original Blade Runner was super bright and neon and vaporwave/outrun, but it was much more subtle in impact, which is why it feels so atmospheric- you can feel the dust and the grime and wind and all that shit.  It wasn't in your face.

Aaaaanyway.....

there's probably a good chance the trailer was graded differently from the actual film. none of Villeneuve's previous films were this oversaturated, mostly quite muted and subdued. Enemy was all dull yellows and gray, Arrival was all black/gray/blue/purple. Prisoners maybe had more of that orange/blue thing going on, but it was fairly naturalistic. Anyway, even if this does end up looking like the trailer it needn't be a bad thing, I don't want this to be a rehash of the original anyway.

Guest transmisiones ferox

good trailer

hope the actual movie flow naturally from scene to scene like Prisoners, or Sicario, this could be epic, he has all the tools, hope the final work will feel natural like most of his movies

yeah

villeneuve is pretty overrated tbh, enemy is his best movie by a large margin. deakins carries his films.

probably yes, overrated, mostly because of the Arrival, 

I would say Incendies is his best and Prisoners is the second,

which was a Hollywood debut btw and it was pretty impressive, considering how offbeat the story was, very believable

I like prisoners, but Enemy is his best film by far imo, sicario and incendies are decent. Arrival was ok-ish? I have a soft spot for all the elements in it, and it looks beautiful, but it doesn't really work at all. Them spices don't mix.

Prisoners was fine, nothing special, pretty run of the mill thriller, decent performances, decent plot. Sicario was worse, all style over the substance of a sub-par action movie (it did look good though), full of annoyingly two dimensional characters. Enemy was really great though, his best that I've seen and one of my favourite films of the last decade probably. Arrival was decent too, but not without it's flaws. Still need to check out Incendies.

Prisoners was fine, nothing special, pretty run of the mill thriller, decent performances, decent plot. Sicario was worse, all style over the substance of a sub-par action movie (it did look good though), full of annoyingly two dimensional characters. Enemy was really great though, his best that I've seen and one of my favourite films of the last decade probably. Arrival was decent too, but not without it's flaws. Still need to check out Incendies.

Go watch  Incendies, it's one of those best foreigh language movies that you need to watch, it's amazing how he went from this to Blade Runner

Edited by transmisiones ferox

isn't deckard a replicant?

Sure, just casually throw one of the most loaded questions in film history out there. It depends on which version you watch, which member of the production team you ask and which details you want to pay attention to. I think Blade Runner works better if he isn't a replicant, but at this stage and especially with this sequel he's likely to be one. Nexus units are short-lived but I'd be surprised if replicant-Deckard didn't get some tinkering to remove that failsafe and actually turns out to be a good old human.

Scott is on record saying that Deckard was definitely a replicant. Obviously the theatrical release isn't so obvious, but that was a horribly tacked on ending by the studio.

Finnish entertainment press is all excited because a popular actress has a bit part in it apparently and is seen in the trailer. How exciting.

who is it