oscillik

The AI hologram group(?) sex thing was confusing.

??? this was the best part of the film by far

Did it improve the movie? I think it could have been left out and the story wouldn't have been changed.

they cranked it in the 'max, a speaker clipping hard

enjoyed a high percentage of the things for the most part,

xcept Jared Leto full retard,

I heard clipping audio too but I assumed it was my local shitty theater.

I do think literally hundreds of actors could've played that part better than Leto. Would've been great to see some unknown in the role going all out with it. Leto honestly played it a little low-key versus what I expected which was good, but just really didn't do much with the lines or the character imo. Could've been better with some more screen time or a different actor. Or maybe it's a symptom of the script being less than perfect.

Did it improve the movie? I think it could have been left out and the story wouldn't have been changed.

It did improve the movie. It sort of proved that Joi loved (or was programmed to love) K, she knew what he wanted/needed even though he didn't. It deepened their connection immensely, as sex often can. It also gave K some sort of taste of the 'real' world that he was missing that started to open his eyes at a key point in the plot, and smartly by way of someone who was at least a player in the larger replicant resistance subplot. These things of course gave him farther branching paths he could've taken if he so chose: all part of solid/great storytelling. 

Not to mention it was just gorgeously shot and eroticism with some subtlety that still made the audience consider beyond what they would normally.

it also made 0 sense when it took place in the movie. just got fired from his job, becomes a fugitive, comes home to pack and leave "oh btw honey i bought a sex surrogate"

really?

In one interview Vianlluiluview said that he wanted david bowie to play the leto's part. Maybe they could fix it with cgi :)

I can't wait until Blade Runner 2049: The Final Cunt comes out.

Edited by xox

Saw this last night.

Great overall, apart from not enough leg room in my cinema and I got a sore hip from shuffling every 10 minutes.

Leto was pointless and unnecessary. The replicant evil chick was great though.

Agreed on the score - underwhelming music with no memorable melodic sections ( I actually found myself humming Rachel's theme during the credits) but sound design overall was great.

Up and down fading light stuff during the the Leto / Dekkard scene was cool with all the shimmering water stuff going on.

Film looked sexy. A rare great sequel.

8/10

Guest transmisiones ferox

Hmm...I assumed his name K/Joe was a reference to Josef K from Kafka's The Trial? 

good one. i also thought about that

just came from the cinema , and feel disappointed by the movie, gosling was extremly boring to look at, many scenes where too long and uninteresting, the flow was bad, the story vague explained, and the end sudden like a bad cliffhanger _ all of this is a big surprise for me because i love scifi and Arrival by Villeneuve is one of my fav. movies.
but
on the other side it had many amazing elements from 80´s & 90´s sci-fi movies like non inventend gadgets, very analog looking computers, the neon lights, philosophical approach on human life...

i dont know strange movie overall.

Edited by Kavinsky

Hmm...I assumed his name K/Joe was a reference to Josef K from Kafka's The Trial?

good one. i also thought about that

Pure genius! I also thought about that.

from what i can tell there was no reason for jared leto to care about finding the child born of a replicant or the father of a child of a replicant. what does that answer? nothing really.. and we're never really told. i think they realized that and then gave him some gay nonsense to utter in an attempt to obfuscate the lack of obvious motivation

from what i can tell there was no reason for jared leto to care about finding the child born of a replicant or the father of a child of a replicant. what does that answer? nothing really.. and we're never really told. i think they realized that and then gave him some gay nonsense to utter in an attempt to obfuscate the lack of obvious motivation

lol what? he wants to study the genes in order to learn how to engineer procreative replicants. he literally delivers a speech about this

Edited by Alcofribas