oscillik

ah thx, I'll def have to rewatch it on video

They love a good shot of Gosling driving dont they? How Villeneuve made this with all the fanboy criticism and sequel status has to be congratulated.

Ford was great in The Doors also.

Edited by Echolalia

I give it a B+. It didn't ruin the original and even captured the same vibe. Best Harrison Ford role since Gran Torino. 

I give it a C+ , harrisond ford stands out because of goslings missing acting.

You know what this is? This is a soup that never quite blended but had so many tasty flavors going on that I don't mind. Like a slightly-too-fancy curry.

Seriously guys this might be the moment that I GET Oversteps. Old-timers know I have been whining about Oversteps for 2/3 of my WATMM life.

Ryan Gosling in a motorized vehicle sacrifices himself for a better good - it rang familiar from scene 1

gonna watch it another time in the ‘max on Sunday, dunno, one thing I felt was pretty isnteretijg was how water was somehow important, like when the future Siri stepped into the rain and felt the drips on her skin, it was beautiful tbh, weird that the ocean at the end was crystal clear.. more deep thoughts Sunday night

Oversteps should have been the Bladelores 2049 soundtrack.

saw it a second time in imax this time 10/10

going to see it again for sure maybe even 4 times

this is my favorite movie ive ever seen in a theatre before

I think Imax next for me too.

saw it a second time in imax this time 10/10

going to see it again for sure maybe even 4 times

this is my favorite movie ive ever seen in a theatre before

but why , whyyy ??? its so fking boring and story is shit or are you watching because of the visual aesthetics ? tell me so i can understand.

tang_qua_gi_ngay_8_thang_3-300x200.jpg

This image is pretty popular when you google Bladerunner 2049. I saw it also in some of the previews and early reviews and yet I don't recall seeing it in the film.

blade-runner-2049-movie-image.jpg

Probably just a promo image. Looks rather posed, and I don't remember a shot in the actual film that was anything like that one (obviously yes the scene was in the film), but a shot like that doesn't seem to fit the general tone of the rest of that scene so I'd guess it's not an outtake.

Speaking of, I'm curious if there'll be much in the way of extended scenes or cut content. The movie certainly doesn't need 'more' imo but I'm curious what else (if anything) was going to be in the film but got cut or changed. I doubt it'll ever see the light of day but I'd love to hear what Johansson was going to do with the score, even just his demos or sketches, assuming he even got that far in the process.

that image triggers a mood I really like. have to watch the movie asap

one thing I felt was pretty isnteretijg was how water was somehow important, like when the future Siri stepped into the rain and felt the drips on her skin, it was beautiful tbh, weird that the ocean at the end was crystal clear..

This. The music seemed to emphasize the water moments and scenes as well. I remember a shot over a waterfall being pretty poignant musically. I can't really hazard a guess as to what it all means because I wasn't trying to analyze the film but I do think it meant something/s.

Definitely an expansion on the rain motif in the first movie/tears in rain/climate change.

This was a good film. I’m sorry.

Edited by baph

i like 2049 but autechre would be too strong (simply better, deeper art (cause realness (is there anything that can match ae today))) for this movie imo ... a bit like vangelis was for the first movie but it'd be even more apparent with ae. maybe if ae would make an ost from scratch without using their already released tracks, maybe then...

blade-runner-2049-movie-image.jpg

that image triggers a mood I really like. have to watch the movie asap

That was me during so much of this movie, grinning at the lushness.

Oversteps should have been the Bladelores 2049 soundtrack.

Yes. With st epreo during the scene before the quoted image (this was the moment when I started really thinking of how many scenes in here would be great w/ Oversteps), and then redfall for the image itself.

one thing I felt was pretty isnteretijg was how water was somehow important, like when the future Siri stepped into the rain and felt the drips on her skin, it was beautiful tbh, weird that the ocean at the end was crystal clear..

This. The music seemed to emphasize the water moments and scenes as well. I remember a shot over a waterfall being pretty poignant musically. I can't really hazard a guess as to what it all means because I wasn't trying to analyze the film but I do think it meant something/s.

I loved all of the different lighting of water in this movie. Those rooms in the Wallace headquarters make me wish I was a billionaire so I could have a room like that to chill in when I wanted.

i like 2049 but autechre would be too strong (simply better, deeper art (cause realness (is there anything that can match ae today))) for this movie imo ... a bit like vangelis was for the first movie but it'd be even more apparent with ae. maybe if ae would make an ost from scratch without using their already released tracks, maybe then...

Still disagree because I maintain that Oversteps was their weakest. But the more I think about it, the more Oversteps feels like the soundtrack for a really visually stimulating movie like this and kind of lacking something on its own. They could complement each other well. 

At any rate, Autechre OST would be amazing. Sean has said in interviews that if he hadn't got into music it's likely he would've got into film instead so this actually seems like a good fit to me, if they were up for it. For all we know it's already happened under a different name.

I loved all of the different lighting of water in this movie. Those rooms in the Wallace headquarters make me wish I was a billionaire so I could have a room like that to chill in when I wanted.

Sean has said in interviews that if he hadn't got into music it's likely he would've got into film instead so this actually seems like a good fit to me, if they were up for it. For all we know it's already happened under a different name.

Yeah, Wallace's bedroom (I think there was a bed there?) with the reflected caustics all on the walls in that yellow/gold light, my god. Gorgeous.

Maybe Johan Johansson isn't real and just a pseudonym for AE and they just hired an actor to pretend to be the guy for interviews but it's really just them making music. Makes sense that they left BR2049 because Denis Villeneuve was all like "yeah but like, can you guys make it MORE LUSH, like Vangelis?" and then Sean was just all "look m8, fuck off eh, it doesn't get more lush than what we're playing i mean come on, this is like Altibzz times 10 in the lushness possible and maybe even more lush than Vangelis so fuck u if u don't like it we'll go back to Max grinding beats out get fucked Villendouche"

I have a hunch that it wasn't Villeneuve's call to get rid of Johansson. Music was probably the worst thing about this film, aping Vangelis but with none of the musicality.

I enjoyed the film and it is visually astounding, also loved the sound design (aside from music). But it fell a bit short because there wasn't enough of it doing it's own thing instead of quoting/retreading scenes and beats from the original. The villains were not nearly as compelling either (and Jared Leto's character sucked).

But still I find myself wanting to see it again!