Blade Runner 2049

Go to solution Solved by oscillik,

i like 2049 but autechre would be too strong (simply better, deeper art (cause realness (is there anything that can match ae today))) for this movie imo ... a bit like vangelis was for the first movie but it'd be even more apparent with ae. maybe if ae would make an ost from scratch without using their already released tracks, maybe then...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BACON  INTERLINKED WITHIN BACON

Posted Images

blade-runner-2049-movie-image.jpg

that image triggers a mood I really like. have to watch the movie asap

That was me during so much of this movie, grinning at the lushness.

Oversteps should have been the Bladelores 2049 soundtrack.

Yes. With st epreo during the scene before the quoted image (this was the moment when I started really thinking of how many scenes in here would be great w/ Oversteps), and then redfall for the image itself.

one thing I felt was pretty isnteretijg was how water was somehow important, like when the future Siri stepped into the rain and felt the drips on her skin, it was beautiful tbh, weird that the ocean at the end was crystal clear..

This. The music seemed to emphasize the water moments and scenes as well. I remember a shot over a waterfall being pretty poignant musically. I can't really hazard a guess as to what it all means because I wasn't trying to analyze the film but I do think it meant something/s.

I loved all of the different lighting of water in this movie. Those rooms in the Wallace headquarters make me wish I was a billionaire so I could have a room like that to chill in when I wanted.

i like 2049 but autechre would be too strong (simply better, deeper art (cause realness (is there anything that can match ae today))) for this movie imo ... a bit like vangelis was for the first movie but it'd be even more apparent with ae. maybe if ae would make an ost from scratch without using their already released tracks, maybe then...

Still disagree because I maintain that Oversteps was their weakest. But the more I think about it, the more Oversteps feels like the soundtrack for a really visually stimulating movie like this and kind of lacking something on its own. They could complement each other well. 

At any rate, Autechre OST would be amazing. Sean has said in interviews that if he hadn't got into music it's likely he would've got into film instead so this actually seems like a good fit to me, if they were up for it. For all we know it's already happened under a different name.

I loved all of the different lighting of water in this movie. Those rooms in the Wallace headquarters make me wish I was a billionaire so I could have a room like that to chill in when I wanted.

Sean has said in interviews that if he hadn't got into music it's likely he would've got into film instead so this actually seems like a good fit to me, if they were up for it. For all we know it's already happened under a different name.

Yeah, Wallace's bedroom (I think there was a bed there?) with the reflected caustics all on the walls in that yellow/gold light, my god. Gorgeous.

Maybe Johan Johansson isn't real and just a pseudonym for AE and they just hired an actor to pretend to be the guy for interviews but it's really just them making music. Makes sense that they left BR2049 because Denis Villeneuve was all like "yeah but like, can you guys make it MORE LUSH, like Vangelis?" and then Sean was just all "look m8, fuck off eh, it doesn't get more lush than what we're playing i mean come on, this is like Altibzz times 10 in the lushness possible and maybe even more lush than Vangelis so fuck u if u don't like it we'll go back to Max grinding beats out get fucked Villendouche"

I have a hunch that it wasn't Villeneuve's call to get rid of Johansson. Music was probably the worst thing about this film, aping Vangelis but with none of the musicality.

I enjoyed the film and it is visually astounding, also loved the sound design (aside from music). But it fell a bit short because there wasn't enough of it doing it's own thing instead of quoting/retreading scenes and beats from the original. The villains were not nearly as compelling either (and Jared Leto's character sucked).

But still I find myself wanting to see it again!

Did they ever share any of Jóhannsson's score, in teasers or whatever? Or is it mostly just an assumption that he would've come up with something more remarkable than the eventual soundtrack?

saw it a second time in imax this time 10/10

going to see it again for sure maybe even 4 times

this is my favorite movie ive ever seen in a theatre before

but why , whyyy ??? its so fking boring and story is shit or are you watching because of the visual aesthetics ? tell me so i can understand.

tang_qua_gi_ngay_8_thang_3-300x200.jpg

one word

H O L O G R A P H I C       A I      W A I F U

and the advertisement scene near the end basically does the whole movie for me, it's the best scene by far

Edited by Zeffolia

I really want to see this movie. 

Seems like they miraculously succeeded in meeting the tremendous high expectations.

(unlike another dark sci-fi movie I shall not mention, but of which the original was/is a masterpiece)

Looking forward to this. 

A bit sad that this masterpiece has been knocked off the top after only one week by some teen-orientated B-Movie Horror flick.

Me and Osc were talking about that on discord.

Fucking EMOJI MOVIE, universally panned by critics and consumers as being a really shit movie, box office = 200M USD. 

Blade Runner 2049, critics and fans praising it, box office = 160M so far and likely to be pulled from theaters in a week or two.

Fucking EMOJI MOVIE, universally panned by critics and consumers as being a really shit movie, box office = 200M USD. 

Blade Runner 2049, critics and fans praising it, box office = 160M so far and likely to be pulled from theaters in a week or two.

Already up for pre-order on Amazon. The Blu-ray and digital downloads are as early as 14th December.

It's a (happy) but unfortunate side to a film that has bombed really badly. It only took 15 million dollars this past weekend and has suffered a 50% drop since last week.

Profit is so far only $60 million (domestic) and $158 million worldwide. That's crushing for a film that cost upwards of $155 million.

In contrast, I.T has cruised past 600 million (it only cost 35 to make!!) and shows no sign of stopping.

I think we'll have to wait another 30+ years for another Blade Runner movie.

Edited by fumi

I sat next to a pair of cunts when I went to see it.

The one guy in particular felt the need to loudly comment on the last scene we'd watched to his friend if anything exciting or intense had happened. Got his phone out at full brightness to answer some messages 2hrs in and: when it had just ended and the credits started rolling they turned to each other and unsurely said "oh-kaaay?"

I would say that's kinda indicative of how the great unwashed are experiencing this film

Children.

Profit is so far only $60 million (domestic) and $158 million worldwide. That's crushing for a film that cost upwards of $155 million.

I think we'll have to wait another 30+ years for another Blade Runner movie.

Not at you fumi, but it's kinda fucked up that a movie with vast praise thrown at it, almost certain to garner more attention when it wins awards, and already at approximately 20+% profit return rate after only a few weeks out is seen as a failure/bomb. 

I'd also be okay with never seeing another Blade Runner movie. If they could make another tomorrow up to the quality of BR2049, then great, do it, but that's not too likely imo, lightning striking three times with the same property.

i wonder what this means for dune

Fuck don't scare me. I want Vilenneuve to do a Dune movie/trilogy/series/whatever-he-wants so bad and have a stupid budget to run with.

that 150 mil budget figure doesn't cover marketing costs which can be pretty huge, that's why it's seen as a failure i guess.

also, half of the budget was just ford's salary probably.

Edited by eugene

that 150 mil budget figure doesn't cover marketing costs which can be pretty huge, that's why it's seen as a failure i guess.

I read before that the budget was 150-185 mil, but everywhere I read now says 150 only? I imagine that 185 included marketing etc.

Or maybe that figure was just an estimate and the 150 is known to be actual now?

I wanna say that I've heard before that marketing is figured in to overall budgets generally, but I certainly could be misremembering or just plain wrong. The same point still stands even if the numbers are off, a lot of shit I've seen over the years is that if a film doesn't make like 2-10 times what was spent on it, it ain't worth it to many investors or producers or whoever. Just always struck me as strange.

I sat next to a pair of cunts when I went to see it.

The one guy in particular felt the need to loudly comment on the last scene we'd watched to his friend if anything exciting or intense had happened. Got his phone out at full brightness to answer some messages 2hrs in and: when it had just ended and the credits started rolling they turned to each other and unsurely said "oh-kaaay?"

I would say that's kinda indicative of how the great unwashed are experiencing this film

That's really bad. If I had paid $15 or whatever to see a film, I would have grabbed that phone and chucked it. Or complained to the staff. There's no excuse.

People who need to check their phones during a movie don't have an attention span long enough for any movie, let alone one running nearly three hours.

i wonder what this means for dune

LOL. Dune was an even bigger financial failure with an even smaller niche audience. There's no way that's going to be made now. In today's Hollywood, how would you even market a film like this? I assume you've seen the film and/or read the book. 

Critics and fans are the only people who've bothered going to watch it. And they mostly saw it within a day or two of release. 

u6e2qM.gif

I read before that the budget was 150-185 mil, but everywhere I read now says 150 only? I imagine that 185 included marketing etc.

Or maybe that figure was just an estimate and the 150 is known to be actual now?

I wanna say that I've heard before that marketing is figured in to overall budgets generally, but I certainly could be misremembering or just plain wrong. The same point still stands even if the numbers are off, a lot of shit I've seen over the years is that if a film doesn't make like 2-10 times what was spent on it, it ain't worth it to many investors or producers or whoever. Just always struck me as strange.

also, half of the budget was just ford's salary probably.

Bladerunner 2049 will undoubtedly make its money back eventually. The problem is that studios and investors want that money now, not two or three years down the road.

When you consider how Hollywood works now - endless comic book movies, (conveniently) expanded universes for every concievable intellectual property, millions flocking to see an emoji movie, it's nothing sort of a miracle in itself that Blade Runner 2049 ever got made and turned out to be so magnificent.