oscillik

I don't know, must have been someone who realized it fit the character to a T.

Was this person also a three year old?

...What?

It was a good line that exploded her psychology for us all to see.

There were lots of bad lines in this movie, this one is not one of them

Edited by Zeffolia

Well, can we just all agree that this is the best hollywood movie sequel since Fury Road?

Thx.

I thought John Wick 2 was pretty good.

Really? I thought it was too over the top. The original John Wick was self aware just enough. The sequel went a bit too ridiculous. When pretty much the entire of New York started gunning for him, I was like "nope".

Well, can we just all agree that this is the best hollywood movie sequel since Fury Road?

Thx.

I thought John Wick 2 was pretty good.

Really? I thought it was too over the top. The original John Wick was self aware just enough. The sequel went a bit too ridiculous. When pretty much the entire of New York started gunning for him, I was like "nope".

Agreed on JW2 - the original was great, the second not so much.

...What?

In my opinion, the line is completely unnecessary. You get the idea without her saying a word. Comes off as sloppy immature writing. It seemed as if they were dumbing down the experience to cater to the average viewer which needs to be given every hint during their movie experience.

Saw it for a third time today. There are just so many great visual details and other stuff to dream over. I think it's just sensory overload the first time you see it. Definitely repays with further viewing.

Saw it for a third time today. There are just so many great visual details and other stuff to dream over. I think it's just sensory overload the first time you see it. Definitely repays with further viewing.

lol right there with you buddy, also saw it again today. i started to see how soviet the city looks in the first sequence, and how the east asian influence of the original seems to have been replaced by this eastern bloc of the future style. really get the feeling in those shots that half the city is starving to death. i also like how none of the houses seem to have power and then there's boulevards lined with neon leading to the somewhat sparse city center. and then the whole thing with k at the trash dump and the orphanage looks a lot like stalker. and luv getting her nails done and sending out a missile strike felt very william gibson. blade runner was kind of pre or proto cyberpunk but this movie leans more in that direction.

Also after watching it again.

I assumed all the Nexus 8s had the same memory in them as a way to protect Ana, diverting Wallace and the opposition from knowing and discovering who the real child was. But I could be wrong about that too - it's sort of complicated to think about.

Seems improbable to me, as Wallace's corporation is the one that commissioned the memories in the first place. Insofar as I can tell, Stelline Laboratory doesn't implant the memories, just provides the engrammatic patterns to Wallace. Much like the androids in Westworld, I don't think replicants are given full memory profiles, just a few memories to act as touchstones. In K's case, it seems probable that he was given the foundry memory because it would provoke in him an attachment to the desire for justice, since from his perspective it would at least feel like he had been the victim of a crime.

...What?

In my opinion, the line is completely unnecessary. You get the idea without her saying a word. Comes off as sloppy immature writing. It seemed as if they were dumbing down the experience to cater to the average viewer which needs to be given every hint during their movie experience.

I thought it was great for her to have this last, jarringly childish outburst, and not at all the same as having her say nothing.

...What?

So what other details specifically demonstrated that she has a sort of childish desire to be the best one if not for this line?  Without it, it would be easy to misinterpret her as a generic bad guy alongside Wallace, whereas this portrays her as a dog wanting attention.  Maybe there are some others but this one's fine.

You think without this line it would be more intelligent (less dumbed down) and catering to a higher quality audience (not catering to the average viewer)?  

topkek

Edited by Zeffolia

Also after watching it again.

I assumed all the Nexus 8s had the same memory in them as a way to protect Ana, diverting Wallace and the opposition from knowing and discovering who the real child was. But I could be wrong about that too - it's sort of complicated to think about.

Seems improbable to me, as Wallace's corporation is the one that commissioned the memories in the first place. Insofar as I can tell, Stelline Laboratory doesn't implant the memories, just provides the engrammatic patterns to Wallace. Much like the androids in Westworld, I don't think replicants are given full memory profiles, just a few memories to act as touchstones. In K's case, it seems probable that he was given the foundry memory because it would provoke in him an attachment to the desire for justice, since from his perspective it would at least feel like he had been the victim of a crime.

damn fine interpretation right there

Despite loving this when I saw it, I too found most of the exposition scenes and parts of the dialogue clunky and bad.

I would've preferred most of them removed, leaving the plot more enigmatic.

with two lines i even felt insulted:

1. when police found out that a replicant was pregnant and 3 sec later madam says to mr.k. ''she was a replicant. pregnant!'' ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! hey, we're watching the movie! we just had a 10 min long scene about replicant having a child! do we really need a recap?

2. when luv rescued mr.k with missiles and she said: ''get up! do your fakn job! find the kid.'' ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ''find the kid'' was really too much. we know why she's helping him, fak! (not just cause she likes him)

Edited by xox

Despite loving this when I saw it, I too found most of the exposition scenes and parts of the dialogue clunky and bad.

1. when police found out that a replicant was pregnant and 3 sec later madam says to mr.k. ''she was a replicant. pregnant!'' ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! hey, we're watching the movie! we just had a 10 min long scene about replicant having a child! do we really need a recap?

2. when luv rescued mr.k with missiles and she said: ''get up! do your fakn job! find the kid.'' ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ''find the kid'' was really too much. we know why she's helping him, fak! (not just cause she likes him)

1. That was her character repeating something she herself could hardly believe for emphasis.

2. She was talking to herself, frustrated that K wasn't performing up to her standards.

fuk all the nay-sayers,this was awesome! everything i hoped it would be,even the soundtrack was good whilst watching the movie,don,t think i,d listen to it much on its own tho,but half of the good stuff on vangelis,s soundtrack was hardly in the original movie anyway,wallace was too preachy tho. 9/10

1. when police found out that a replicant was pregnant and 3 sec later madam says to mr.k. ''she was a replicant. pregnant!'' ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! hey, we're watching the movie! we just had a 10 min long scene about replicant having a child! do we really need a recap?

2. when luv rescued mr.k with missiles and she said: ''get up! do your fakn job! find the kid.'' ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ''find the kid'' was really too much. we know why she's helping him, fak! (not just cause she likes him)

1. That was her character repeating something she herself could hardly believe for emphasis.

2. She was talking to herself, frustrated that K wasn't performing up to her standards.

1. Maybe, but we didnt had to hear that.

2. Maybe, but we didnt had to hear that.

lol

also, i tend to believe that people who like br2049 do so because other movies are complete crap. relatively speaking, this makes br2049 look like a beautiful work of genius. ;p