oscillik

SPOILERS AHEAD

I've now seen this movie 4 times in theatres and I think it's absolutely excellent.  I have complaints most definitely, but this movie is just great.  The threesome scene, the advertisement scene, even the Elvis scene was really good I think and added to the suspense of attacks being mixed in with bursts of sound, very cool.  The ending fight, the ending snow scene, the prostitutes scene with the creepy music, just damn great.  

I don't like K's boss at all she can basically be removed 100%, only good scene involving her was when Luv smashed her hand into the glass.  I think Wallace was okay, I didn't even know it was Jared Leto until after I saw it and read reviews (not very familiar with him but lots of people seem to hate him) I think he did the whole delusional quasi-religious evil villain thing pretty decently.  I don't like the flashbacks that hold your hand and I don't like the "explain the plot indirectly through K's boss repeating things a lot" thing during the autopsy.  Also didn't like Joi saying "1s and 0s" she should have left it as "I have just two".  Not nearly as many beautifully "dirty" and atmospheric street scenes as original, and in general the visuals are not nearly as appealing as the original.  But overlooking this and looking at this as an independent movie instead of a sequel this can be ignored

Advertisement scene is the best scene in the movie by far, and this is why Joi is essential.  Mandatory, the main theme of the entire movie

9/10

Edited by Zeffolia

It wasn't obvious how K chose where he would go next in his investigation - he simply appeared in the next scene - and Luv was on his tail, because that's how this works... so a minus score for editing or script laziness I guess.

What part of the movie is this about?

It wasn't obvious how K chose where he would go next in his investigation - he simply appeared in the next scene - and Luv was on his tail, because that's how this works... so a minus score for editing or script laziness I guess.

Maybe I missed some seconds, because I was explaining many things to my younger sister who didn't watch the first Blade Runner, so I might have been too quick to write that... but at some points it wasn't clear to me how K got his clues about where to go next (like going to the LA landfill, finding Deckard)... and planting the tracking device thing was a bit lazy (in terms of writing) in my opinion, but ok.

The movie and art in it is fucking great. I think I'm going to go watch it again... alone this time. Empty theater, and smoking a marryjane while watching it would be a blast (in a perfect world) :)

edit: yeah, I definitely need to watch it again... scenes were absolutely beautiful

Edited by Godwin Austen

Maybe I missed some seconds, because I was explaining many things to my younger sister who didn't watch the first Blade Runner, so I might have been too quick to write that... but at some points it wasn't clear to me how K got his clues about where to go next (like going to the LA landfill, finding Deckard)... and planting the tracking device thing was a bit lazy (in terms of writing) in my opinion, but ok.

The movie and art in it is fucking great. I think I'm going to go watch it again... alone this time. Empty theater, and smoking a marryjane while watching it would be a blast (in a perfect world) :)

edit: yeah, I definitely need to watch it again... scenes were absolutely beautiful

K knew to go to the landfill because he was going to the orphanage listed on the birth/death record of Rachel's child that he found perusing that machine along with Joi

K knew to go to Las Vegas because the guy who examined his wood horse told him it was contaminated with radiation from a dirty bomb, and it was then implied that only one location had that type of radiation, then he went to Las Vegas so presumably he knew a bomb went off there at some point

K knew to go to the landfill because he was going to the orphanage listed on the birth/death record of Rachel's child that he found perusing that machine along with Joi

K knew to go to Las Vegas because the guy who examined his wood horse told him it was contaminated with radiation from a dirty bomb, and it was then implied that only one location had that type of radiation, then he went to Las Vegas so presumably he knew a bomb went off there at some point

Oh, I remember now! Silly me. Information overload for me I guess. Thanks for clearing that up. Still going to watch it again tho :)

i thought K went to las vegas to dig up LIberace's dick? 

"A blood black nothingness began to spin.

Began to spin.

Let's move on to system. System.

Feel that in your body. The system.

What does it feel like to be part of the system. System.

Is there anything in your body that wants to resist the system? System.

Do you get pleasure out of being a part of the system? System.

Have they created you to be a part of the system? System.

Is there security in being a part of the system? System.

Is there a sound that comes with the system? System.

We're going to go on. Cells.

They were all put together at a time. Cells.

Millions and billions of them. Cells.

Were you ever arrested? Cells.

Did you spend much time in the cell? Cells.

Have you ever been in an instituion? Cells.

Do they keep you in a cell? Cells.

When you're not performing your duties do they keep you in a little box? Cells.

Interlinked.

What's it like to hold the hand of someone you love? Interlinked.

Do they teach you how to feel finger to finger? Interlinked.

Do you long for having your heart interlinked? Interlinked.

Do you dream about being interlinked?

Have they left a place for you where you can dream? Interlinked.

What's it like to hold your child in your arms? Interlinked.

What's it like to play with your dog? Interlinked.

Do you feel that there's a part of you that's missing? Interlinked.

Do you like to connect to things? Interlinked.

What happens when that linkage is broken? Interlinked.

Have they let you feel heartbreak? Interlinked.

Did you buy a present for the person you love? Within cells interlinked.

Why don't you say that three times? Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked.

Where do you go when you go within? Within.

Has anyone ever locked you out of a room? Within.

Within.

Where do you go to when you go within? Within.

Where is the place in the world you feel the safest? Within.

Do you have a heart? Within.

Stem.

Did you pick asparagus stems?

What comes from something else? Stem.

Have you been to the source of a river? Stem.

When's the first time you gave a flower to a girl? Stem.

What did she look like? Stem.

Is it a slang word for people's legs? Stem.

Have you planeted things in the ground? Stem.

Have you ever been in a legal battle? Stem.

Within one stem.

Dreadfully.

Is that an old fashioned word? Dreadfully.

Did you ever want to live in the nineteenth century? Dreadfully.

What's it like to be filled with dread? Dreadfully.

Do you think you could find out all the answers to all the questions? Dreadfully.

Distinct.

How good are your eyes? Distinct.

Do you have a particular personality? Distinct.

What separates somebody from somebody else? Distinct.

Who do you admire most in the world? Distinct.

What was your most shameful moment? Distinct.

Dreadfully distinct.

Dark.

Were you afraid of the dark whan you were little? Dark.

What's it like to hide under a bed? Dark.

Did they keep you in a drawer when they were building you? Dark?

Was it dark in there? Dark.

Do you have dark thoughts? Dark?

Did they program you to have dark thoughts? Dark?

Do you think it's some kind of corruption these dark thoughts? Dark.

Maybe it's a spot of rust or something? Dark.

Who's the darkest person you know? Dark.

What is it like when someone gives you the silent treatment. Dark.

Who did you get your darkness from? Dark.

Against the dark.

What kind of power do you have against the dark. Against the dark.

Do you think there is such a thing as evil? Against the dark.

Do you think you can protect people against the dark. Against the dark.

Why are these things happening? Against the dark.

Do you prefer the day or the night? Against the dark.

When is the last time you saw a starry sky? Against the dark.

What's your favorite part of the moon? Against the dark.

Fountain.

Have you seen the Trevi fountain in Rome? Fountain.

Have you ever seen the fountain in Lincoln center? Fountain.

Have you seen fountains out in the wild? Fountain.

What's it like when you have an orgasm. Fountain.

Have you read the Fountainhead? Fountain.

White Fountain.

Is it pure white? White Fountain.

Is that a metaphor? White Fountain.

How did the white Fountain make you feel? White Fountain.

A tall white fountain played.

When you were little did you ever fall into a Fountain? A Tall White Fountain.

Do you like fire, earth, air or water. A Tall White Fountain.

Do you like skipping around in the water? A Tall White Fountain.

A blood black nothingness.

A system of cells.

Within cells interlinked.

Within one stem.

And dreadfully distinct.

Against the dark.

A tall white fountain played."

and no hot chicks!!!! ruins the blade runner feels!!!!

It's very hard, to wath a scifi, in a constant flux between spontaneous cummmies.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/10/23/25488210/wow-blade-runner-2049-was-unbelievably-boring

An obviously gay writer tries to force his own sexual agenda onto a movie. I fucking hate people like this.

Wow, Blade Runner 2049 Was Unbelievably Boring

by Christopher Frizzelle

What was with that dialogue? Robin Wright saying, "This breaks the world"? Other examples I can't remember now because I died of boredom? Why do producers spend millions on stars and special effects and forget to hire writers?

As for that image above from Blade Runner 2049: Moments later, that hologram stands up to reveal she's topless. Her phantom-huge digital breasts sway around in the air for Ryan Gosling to watch. There's also a scene that involves the humungous fallen statues of naked women with huge breasts, put there so the camera can linger on the stone nipples. And there's a scene where a fully naked woman, covered in clear goo, is extruded from the transparent sleeve of whatever it is that makes replicants.

Why Gosling's character—who is a replicant—would have sexual feelings at all makes no sense and is never explained. The tits in the wind are not for the replicant looking at them. They're not for moving the story along. They're for the straight guys in the audience.

Ryan Gosling also has a digital girlfriend or two throughout the 19-hour movie. Why the filmmakers would combine, in one sex scene, a rip-off of Her with a rip-off from Ghost is likewise never explained.

Why a gay person who hasn't even seen the first Blade Runner would spend three hours of a Sunday watching Blade Runner 2049 at Cinerama is hard to recall after the fact. The only reason that comes to mind: Ryan Gosling. Alas, he doesn't undergo the kind of objectification the women do, even though he has the insides of an iPhone. He is not objectified like the women are, even though he's literally an object. There's a scene where he's showering and the camera shows the top of his head and shoulders, like a Head & Shoulders commercial. Not fair! Meanwhile, the bouncing, dancing, puckered, high-heeled, phantom-large women everywhere else (including huge ballerinas dancing through the street) are just to establish that... straight guys made the movie? That nothing will have changed by 2049, women-in-Hollywood-wise? That there are no gay people in the future?

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/10/23/25488210/wow-blade-runner-2049-was-unbelievably-boring

An obviously gay writer tries to force his own sexual agenda onto a movie. I fucking hate people like this.

Wow, Blade Runner 2049 Was Unbelievably Boring

by Christopher Frizzelle

What was with that dialogue? Robin Wright saying, "This breaks the world"? Other examples I can't remember now because I died of boredom? Why do producers spend millions on stars and special effects and forget to hire writers?

As for that image above from Blade Runner 2049: Moments later, that hologram stands up to reveal she's topless. Her phantom-huge digital breasts sway around in the air for Ryan Gosling to watch. There's also a scene that involves the humungous fallen statues of naked women with huge breasts, put there so the camera can linger on the stone nipples. And there's a scene where a fully naked woman, covered in clear goo, is extruded from the transparent sleeve of whatever it is that makes replicants.

Why Gosling's character—who is a replicant—would have sexual feelings at all makes no sense and is never explained. The tits in the wind are not for the replicant looking at them. They're not for moving the story along. They're for the straight guys in the audience.

Ryan Gosling also has a digital girlfriend or two throughout the 19-hour movie. Why the filmmakers would combine, in one sex scene, a rip-off of Her with a rip-off from Ghost is likewise never explained.

Why a gay person who hasn't even seen the first Blade Runner would spend three hours of a Sunday watching Blade Runner 2049 at Cinerama is hard to recall after the fact. The only reason that comes to mind: Ryan Gosling. Alas, he doesn't undergo the kind of objectification the women do, even though he has the insides of an iPhone. He is not objectified like the women are, even though he's literally an object. There's a scene where he's showering and the camera shows the top of his head and shoulders, like a Head & Shoulders commercial. Not fair! Meanwhile, the bouncing, dancing, puckered, high-heeled, phantom-large women everywhere else (including huge ballerinas dancing through the street) are just to establish that... straight guys made the movie? That nothing will have changed by 2049, women-in-Hollywood-wise? That there are no gay people in the future?

And if it did feature gay characters this dude would have complained about the pandering. Some people just live to complain.