oscillik

^ attention is the critic's oxygen. nobody would pay any attention to them and the entertainment 'journalism' business would collapse if they were required to use some kind of reasoning.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/10/23/25488210/wow-blade-runner-2049-was-unbelievably-boring

An obviously gay writer tries to force his own sexual agenda onto a movie. I fucking hate people like this.

Wow, Blade Runner 2049 Was Unbelievably Boring

by Christopher Frizzelle

What was with that dialogue? Robin Wright saying, "This breaks the world"? Other examples I can't remember now because I died of boredom? Why do producers spend millions on stars and special effects and forget to hire writers?

As for that image above from Blade Runner 2049: Moments later, that hologram stands up to reveal she's topless. Her phantom-huge digital breasts sway around in the air for Ryan Gosling to watch. There's also a scene that involves the humungous fallen statues of naked women with huge breasts, put there so the camera can linger on the stone nipples. And there's a scene where a fully naked woman, covered in clear goo, is extruded from the transparent sleeve of whatever it is that makes replicants.

Why Gosling's character—who is a replicant—would have sexual feelings at all makes no sense and is never explained. The tits in the wind are not for the replicant looking at them. They're not for moving the story along. They're for the straight guys in the audience.

Ryan Gosling also has a digital girlfriend or two throughout the 19-hour movie. Why the filmmakers would combine, in one sex scene, a rip-off of Her with a rip-off from Ghost is likewise never explained.

Why a gay person who hasn't even seen the first Blade Runner would spend three hours of a Sunday watching Blade Runner 2049 at Cinerama is hard to recall after the fact. The only reason that comes to mind: Ryan Gosling. Alas, he doesn't undergo the kind of objectification the women do, even though he has the insides of an iPhone. He is not objectified like the women are, even though he's literally an object. There's a scene where he's showering and the camera shows the top of his head and shoulders, like a Head & Shoulders commercial. Not fair! Meanwhile, the bouncing, dancing, puckered, high-heeled, phantom-large women everywhere else (including huge ballerinas dancing through the street) are just to establish that... straight guys made the movie? That nothing will have changed by 2049, women-in-Hollywood-wise? That there are no gay people in the future?

And if it did feature gay characters this dude would have complained about the pandering. Some people just live to complain. 

I've nothing against people of any sexual persuasion but I hate people who try to hoist their own sexual agenda onto everything.

It's like they're saying "This world and everything in it just isn't gay enough."

It's like some critic watching Christopher Nolan's 'Dunkirk' and complaining that 'LGBT communities were not adequately represented in this movie!"

Edited by fumi

The worst part of it to me is that it encourages an attitude that you should only watch things that fit your demographic or agree with your politics.

Yeah, good point.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/10/23/25488210/wow-blade-runner-2049-was-unbelievably-boring

An obviously gay writer tries to force his own sexual agenda onto a movie. I fucking hate people like this.

by Christopher Frizzelle

What was with that dialogue? Robin Wright saying, "This breaks the world"? Other examples I can't remember now because I died of boredom? Why do producers spend millions on stars and special effects and forget to hire writers?

As for that image above from Blade Runner 2049: Moments later, that hologram stands up to reveal she's topless. Her phantom-huge digital breasts sway around in the air for Ryan Gosling to watch. There's also a scene that involves the humungous fallen statues of naked women with huge breasts, put there so the camera can linger on the stone nipples. And there's a scene where a fully naked woman, covered in clear goo, is extruded from the transparent sleeve of whatever it is that makes replicants.

Why Gosling's character—who is a replicant—would have sexual feelings at all makes no sense and is never explained. The tits in the wind are not for the replicant looking at them. They're not for moving the story along. They're for the straight guys in the audience.

Ryan Gosling also has a digital girlfriend or two throughout the 19-hour movie. Why the filmmakers would combine, in one sex scene, a rip-off of Her with a rip-off from Ghost is likewise never explained.

Why a gay person who hasn't even seen the first Blade Runner would spend three hours of a Sunday watching Blade Runner 2049 at Cinerama is hard to recall after the fact. The only reason that comes to mind: Ryan Gosling. Alas, he doesn't undergo the kind of objectification the women do, even though he has the insides of an iPhone. He is not objectified like the women are, even though he's literally an object. There's a scene where he's showering and the camera shows the top of his head and shoulders, like a Head & Shoulders commercial. Not fair! Meanwhile, the bouncing, dancing, puckered, high-heeled, phantom-large women everywhere else (including huge ballerinas dancing through the street) are just to establish that... straight guys made the movie? That nothing will have changed by 2049, women-in-Hollywood-wise? That there are no gay people in the future?

This person had better not venture into looking at fine art photography...

Bummed I'm not going to get to see this in a theater.  Having car problems and don't trust it to make the 1.5 hr drive.  Silver lining is I dusted off my hd-dvd copy of the original and watched it for the first time in a few years.  

This was the first movie in a long time that made me feel like garbage when it finished... and that's a good thing. You really felt how awful living in this particular universe is with every single scene.

by Christopher Frizzelle

I agree with the writer actually, it would've been great to get a sneaky look at Ryan goslings genetically engineered super-penis Edited by Amen Warrior

had a free evening off and went for a third time in the nice big 4K atmos theater here. i think i like / love it now, with luv being the most interesting character and best performance. After alco yelled at me i put aside my hatred for jared leto and listened to what he was saying. and now i actually realized that all his dumb acting / head movements was because his character was blind, something i didn't realize before. pretty sure i have become incredibly stupid. One question i need answering: what is the "im the captain now" guy saying in his native language? the subtitles are only in finnish and swedish so I missed that scene. from what i can gather he's saying it has radiation from a dirty bomb which would mean it came from vegas. is that close?

Edited by dr lopez

I've never met a blind person who moved or talked like that. You're going to have to assume he has some unnamed condition of which the blindness is either only a symptom or completely independent, if you want to make excuses.

His dialogue with Deckard does kind of encapsulate the whole movie, but the fact that you had to pay extra attention to see through his performance and get the message says it all.

Also, to me the movie practically spells out that it doesn't matter what your origin is, whether you can make babies the old fashioned way, what your physical nature is, or if you had much choice in your life path, but okay, I guess they could have added a couple of guys in pink feather boas to please this Christopher Frizzelle.

by Christopher Frizzelle

I agree with the writer actually, it would've been great to get a sneaky look at Ryan goslings genetically engineered super-penis
Like we saw joi's tight pussy? labia minora et majora? Edited by xox

by Christopher Frizzelle

I agree with the writer actually, it would've been great to get a sneaky look at Ryan goslings genetically engineered super-penis
Like we saw joi's tight pussy? labia minora et majora?

Bolded statement here shows that this guy has no fucking clue about what the film is about. Completely misses the fact that the whole point of the film is to question what makes us human, what makes AI not human. What makes a replicant just a slave, etc etc etc. 

Someone else said it better - people like this are better off just being ignored.

by Christopher Frizzelle

Pocket dwelling holograms don't have labias

by Christopher Frizzelle

Pocket dwelling holograms don't have labias

yes they have but we didnt see it. you logic just sucks :p

It is kind of funny that he would be able to replicate Rachel, but miss the eye colour, now that I think of it.

What's funnier is that Sean Young's eyes are brown and so are Rachael's throughout most of Blade Runner. Only through the V-K machine they seem to change to green somewhat. Utterly inconclusive but it does leave open the possibility that Wallace got the color right and Deckard was bluffing.

I thought the song Memories of Green from the original soundtrack referred to Rachel's eyes....

Memories of Green wasn't even originally made specifically for Blade Runner, so any reference would be coincidental....

I didn't even consider them actually being the wrong colour you bloody sperges.

It was obviously Deckard rejecting the offer, to me at least.

agree. he had to say something