oscillik

Guest zaphod

and then jack torrance steps out of the car. turns out ridley is making a futuristic sequel to the shining that explains the photo on the wall at the end.

written by Larry David.

roy.jpg

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

zeke%20mar%2013%20larry_hbo.png

You people?

roy.jpg

Biggest laugh I've had all week.

Scott has revealed the opening scene from the film. Not really a spoiler since it hasn't filmed yet.

"There'll be a vast farmland where there are no hedges or anything in sight, and it's flat like the plains of — where's the Great Plains in America? Kansas, where you can see for miles. And it's dirt, but it's being raked. On the horizon is a combine harvester which is futuristic with klieg lights, 'cause it's dawn. The harvester is as big as six houses. In the foreground is a small white clapboard hut with a porch as if it was from Grapes of Wrath. From the right comes a car, coming in about six feet off the ground being chased by a dog. And that's the end of it, I'm not gonna tell you anything else".

Wait, what?

Source?

That sounds very similar the original opening scene described in the original draft blade runner screenplay. I'll have to rewatch dangerous days, but I'm sure that is mentioned?

I'm listening to the original audiobook during my drives and it is a lot better than the movie in my opinion. (of course people always say this) It just makes a lot more sense and is a lot more intimate. I'm noticing a lot of irony and a sort of dark humor.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

Yeah, I think I'm listening to the 2007 audiobook. The dude does the voices really well, but I think mine is only 6 hrs not the 9 hr unabridged. I could be wrong though.

Anyone familiar with these?

Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human (1995), Blade Runner 3: Replicant Night (1996), Blade Runner 4: Eye and Talon(2000)

Written by Philip K. Dick's buddy.

Just curious if they are any good? As far as the story goes though. There is definitely room for another movie. Sequel or Prequel.

I thought the Rosen Corporation scene was much more interesting than in the movie.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

Other than the opening sequence where they say, "this audiobook is presented by..." No I don't recall any other music.

• 4 weeks later...

don't even care if finkle is einhorn, hot

I apologize, you don't even have to say it.

Edited by baph

Wasn't there some rumours about Christopher Nolan directing it?

Christopher Nolan handling the story/directing, and Ridley doing the visuals.. That would be fucking amazing.

Edited by Npoess