oscillik

dunno tbh... it’s not bad, but here’s a thing I did.. bought both BR2049 and Mad Max Fury Road from iTunes, because hey, both are worth it and I wanted to watch something nice on the fancy iPhone OLED screen..

Both are sci/fi flick sequels of classics, play in a dystopia... and Mad Max leaves Blade Runner absolutely in the fkn dust in about any aspect you could compare these two (not sure it’s necessary to do that tho)..

especially in the repeated views department where Fury Road just keeps dropping little gems you’d have missed before because of its fast pacing & 2049 felt mostly “yes, I’ve watched this long, long scene before and I remember all of it and the dialog really isn’t very good” most of the time..

also Fury Road looks a lot better, colors are absolutely brilliant, where I feel 2049 will look a bit dated 5 or 10 years from now.. kind of like early 2000s films look kinda shit with their over-contrast..?

Both are sci/fi flick sequels of classics, play in a dystopia... and Mad Max leaves Blade Runner absolutely in the fkn dust in about any aspect you could compare these two (not sure it’s necessary to do that tho)..

also Fury Road looks a lot better, colors are absolutely brilliant, where I feel 2049 will look a bit dated 5 or 10 years from now.. kind of like early 2000s films look kinda shit with their over-contrast..?

Immediate ban.

it’s by far the best screen I have access to... calibrated OLED with HDR color depth.. Fury Road looks fucking amazing on it. (2049 isn’t in HDR for some reason, but it should automatically upgrade at some point).. sure it’s small but fine when watching alone.. tbh it’s difficult to watch anything on a different screen at this point.. it’s like going from SD to HD, but for color.

Watched it again last night. It's much better than I remember it, but there are still a few issues. The pacing of it is far slower than the original, and some of the dialogue is...not great. I've already expressed my displeasure with Luv's final line, which I still don't like. Also, the musical cue that happens after Joe breaks the antenna on the Wallace device is jarring and almost comical.

The photography and cinematography is absolutely gorgeous. The set design, costumes, and special effects really make you feel like you're a part of that world. Also, I'm glad that they stuck with miniatures for some of those downtown LA flyby scenes.

I'm not sure how many times I'll be able to rewatch it with its 3 hour runtime, though.

Edited by Braintree

^ I don't see the problem. in fact, I'd like a longer cut. but I'm probably too loose with my time.

Luv's final line

this made me lol irl. I've heard the arguments itt about why it works but like... it's just lol.

I mean, her character is just an ass kicking sociopath, right? What kind of rivalry did she have with Joe? There wasn't one. The line doesn't make sense.

^ I don't see the problem. in fact, I'd like a longer cut. but I'm probably too loose with my time.

Luv's final line

this made me lol irl. I've heard the arguments itt about why it works but like... it's just lol.

You guys are nuts, it's not that great.

It's the greatest artistic masterpiece in the history of humanity, on par with the Great Pyramids and the paintings of the old masters.  If you claim to disagree you are only fooling yourself and trying to shield your eyes from its wonder

JOj52TTl.jpg

I wanted to watch something nice on the fancy iPhone OLED screen..

where I feel 2049 will look a bit dated 5 or 10 years from now.. kind of like early 2000s films look kinda shit with their over-contrast..?

still loling at this

the absolute fucking state of watching movies in 2018