oscillik

Hate to hate but I personally watched this for the second time the other day after seeing it in the cinema when it came out. As much as I enjoyed it again, I'd deffo not watch it a third time. Kind of underwhelming. Ah well. Still respect it for what it is though. I suppose I want to go further into the world it's set in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeh this.. first time in IMAX I thought it was very good.. 2nd time (IMAX) it felt rather tedious already.. tbh I haven’t finished watching it a 3rd time yet because it’s bleh.

The slow pace lets your really look & listen at the details and it’s a shame that it’s actually not very good in the audiovisual departments.. the sound design is really b-tier (farting VR camera drones... gurgling oxygen masks... what is this, a PlayStation game?) and the computer interfaces look like they’re all programmed in JavaScript by the same intern.

could go into more details there, but is it really a good film if you sit there and it gives you nothing, nothing at all, but so much time to think about how it’s made and who made which decisions and how these decisions weren’t the best possible decisions most of the time?

Edited by Guest

it’s actually not very good in the audiovisual departments

flol

I be quotin your flol a few years from now and we‘ll see who be loling then :))

i watched it the other day, it’s like, alright yeah. movie innit. some kind of plot thing, bit of flying about, couple fights, big holograph woman with tits...i mean, yeah it’s not bad. wouldn’t really want to watch it again tho.

i watched it the other day, it’s like, alright yeah. movie innit. some kind of plot thing, bit of flying about, couple fights, big holograph woman with tits...i mean, yeah it’s not bad. wouldn’t really want to watch it again tho.

Great! Phling, see what you did?!

it’s only like, colours and that innit. i can see them anytime. i could just go and look at a load of oranges and the sky. not sure what the big deal is.

This is the official Alcofribas review of “Aquarius” by the Boards of Canada brothers

The slow pace lets your really look & listen at the details and it’s a shame that it’s actually not very good in the audiovisual departments.. the sound design is really b-tier (farting VR camera drones... gurgling oxygen masks... what is this, a PlayStation game?) and the computer interfaces look like they’re all programmed in JavaScript by the same intern.

I'm curious what bar you're comparing this too. Can you give examples of films you feel have better audio/visual elements?

I'm curious what bar you're comparing this too. Can you give examples of films you feel have better audio/visual elements?

Fury Road. Which is admittedly a very high bar, it being fkn phenomenal. Comparing 2049 specifically to it tho because they’re both sci-if sequels which mostly function through the world/athmosphere they’re building, and they’re both recent.

Fury Road. Which is admittedly a very high bar, it being fkn phenomenal. Comparing 2049 specifically to it tho because they’re both sci-if sequels which mostly function through the world/athmosphere they’re building, and they’re both recent.

Ah, interesting! I adored Fury Road, it was probably my favorite film of that year as well as 2049 for last year. I consider both to be on equal ground when it comes to the A/V tech.

Ah, interesting! I adored Fury Road, it was probably my favorite film of that year as well as 2049 for last year. I consider both to be on equal ground when it comes to the A/V tech.

Finally got around to watching this the other day. If naught else, it is a striking tribute to the feel/aesthetic of the original film. Not a carbon copy, and there are differences, but I felt like it did a good job of conveying . . . mmmm . . . a similar mood. A friend of mine called it a tone poem, which I think is accurate - but I also am not always in the mood for a tone poem, so would be hard pressed to re-watch unless I'm really in that mood. 

Fury Road - omfg - what a masterpiece. Every shot feels like it was an expertly planned work of art (but I guess have 13 or whatever years to plan storyboards helps).

Re: BR - makes me excited to see what he comes up with for Dune. . .or, maybe, cautiously optimistic. . . 

I liked Fury Road but I consider BR to be significantly above it in terms of cinematography and visuals.  BR has a wide arrange of different settings and camera moods whereas Fury Road is kind of just in the desert and occasionally underground