Blade Runner 2049

Go to solution Solved by oscillik,

dunno tbh... it’s not bad, but here’s a thing I did.. bought both BR2049 and Mad Max Fury Road from iTunes, because hey, both are worth it and I wanted to watch something nice on the fancy iPhone OLED screen..

Both are sci/fi flick sequels of classics, play in a dystopia... and Mad Max leaves Blade Runner absolutely in the fkn dust in about any aspect you could compare these two (not sure it’s necessary to do that tho)..

especially in the repeated views department where Fury Road just keeps dropping little gems you’d have missed before because of its fast pacing & 2049 felt mostly “yes, I’ve watched this long, long scene before and I remember all of it and the dialog really isn’t very good” most of the time..

also Fury Road looks a lot better, colors are absolutely brilliant, where I feel 2049 will look a bit dated 5 or 10 years from now.. kind of like early 2000s films look kinda shit with their over-contrast..?

You need to get a 4K HDR TV man... and a 4K Apple TV and watch those suckers on a big screen (preferably with a good 5.1 or better sound system).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BACON  INTERLINKED WITHIN BACON

Posted Images

If you're watching a movie this visually stunning on a phone, you're really missing out.

A local, independent theatre here played the original Blade Runner on the big screen and I found stuff I hadn't seen in the DVD Final Cut version. The dimensions of the screen itself definitely change your experience.

that was the best scene

Yeah it was, if youre the type of person that fucks an anime pillowcase every night and thinks anything autechre did after tri repetae is good

Woah hey now. I slept with an actual woman with Untilted on blast and it was amazing.

Woah hey now. I slept with an actual woman with Untilted on blast and it was amazing.

big lol imagining two people trying to hump in time to Iera.

Hate to hate but I personally watched this for the second time the other day after seeing it in the cinema when it came out. As much as I enjoyed it again, I'd deffo not watch it a third time. Kind of underwhelming. Ah well. Still respect it for what it is though. I suppose I want to go further into the world it's set in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeh this.. first time in IMAX I thought it was very good.. 2nd time (IMAX) it felt rather tedious already.. tbh I haven’t finished watching it a 3rd time yet because it’s bleh.

The slow pace lets your really look & listen at the details and it’s a shame that it’s actually not very good in the audiovisual departments.. the sound design is really b-tier (farting VR camera drones... gurgling oxygen masks... what is this, a PlayStation game?) and the computer interfaces look like they’re all programmed in JavaScript by the same intern.

could go into more details there, but is it really a good film if you sit there and it gives you nothing, nothing at all, but so much time to think about how it’s made and who made which decisions and how these decisions weren’t the best possible decisions most of the time?

Edited by Guest

i watched it the other day, it’s like, alright yeah. movie innit. some kind of plot thing, bit of flying about, couple fights, big holograph woman with tits...i mean, yeah it’s not bad. wouldn’t really want to watch it again tho.

i watched it the other day, it’s like, alright yeah. movie innit. some kind of plot thing, bit of flying about, couple fights, big holograph woman with tits...i mean, yeah it’s not bad. wouldn’t really want to watch it again tho.

Great! Phling, see what you did?!

it’s only like, colours and that innit. i can see them anytime. i could just go and look at a load of oranges and the sky. not sure what the big deal is.

it’s only like, colours and that innit. i can see them anytime. i could just go and look at a load of oranges and the sky. not sure what the big deal is.

This is the official Alcofribas review of “Aquarius” by the Boards of Canada brothers

The slow pace lets your really look & listen at the details and it’s a shame that it’s actually not very good in the audiovisual departments.. the sound design is really b-tier (farting VR camera drones... gurgling oxygen masks... what is this, a PlayStation game?) and the computer interfaces look like they’re all programmed in JavaScript by the same intern.

I'm curious what bar you're comparing this too. Can you give examples of films you feel have better audio/visual elements?