oscillik

but I also am not always in the mood for a tone poem, so would be hard pressed to re-watch unless I'm really in that mood.

Re: BR - makes me excited to see what he comes up with for Dune. . .or, maybe, cautiously optimistic. . . 

I've still only seen BR2049 once in theaters, but I can definitely agree that it seems the type of film you need to be in the right mood to watch. Thought it was pretty great though nonetheless.

Your last comment regarding Dune just made me realize that now Johann Johannson is gone he won't be scoring it...would've been pretty perfect in my imagination. Still a bit bummed that he didn't do the music for BR2049 because the Zimmer/whoever score was a bit underwhelming.

Re: BR - makes me excited to see what he comes up with for Dune. . .or, maybe, cautiously optimistic. . .

sadly, or not, he's not doing it afterall...

Since when? I read stuff with him talking about it just a couple weeks ago.

fury road?! ooooo cmon! what a piece of shit! it's nothing more than a plain circus for morons. they shoul have called it just fury road without the 'mad max' part cause the original was a pure masterpiece 

...and im not even gonna comment on 2049 vs the ''piece of shit''

p.s. is this still watmm?

Fury Road is excellent, caaaaam aaaaan

what is excellent?

every EVERY single dialog is moronic

music is uber-terrible

all characters are beyond flat/boring/uninteresting

if visuals are the only thing that makes this movie great than i'd give it 4.2/10

edit: imo

Edited by xox

what is excellent?

music is uber-terrible

if visuals are the only thing that makes this movie great than i'd give it 4.2/10

Wait what there was dialogue? It is super dynamic, visually striking and silly, and thankfully there's hardly any trace superfluous self-important bullshit. It just moves from point a to b in a spectacular manner.

Blade Runner 2049 is quite the opposite, the whole ai waifu romance subplot was offensively dumb. I don't know man, I really didn't feel there was any point to anything in that film. The dream thing was handled way better with the unicorn in OG Blade Runner. I'll shut up now. It was fine, I'm sure.

^ yeah this.

just look at the way they introduced holowaifu. At first you don’t see her and she recites some music facts in a robotic voice the way a virtual assistant in 2017 would do. So you’re deceived to think heh, the policeman has a Siri/Alexa at home! But wait - she’s real! Or is she? who writes this shit and puts it in a movie?. it’s 100% terrible and will not age well. At all.

Edited by Guest

what is excellent?

music is uber-terrible

Wait what there was dialogue? It is super dynamic, visually striking and silly, and thankfully there's hardly any trace superfluous self-important bullshit. It just moves from point a to b in a spectacular manner.

Blade Runner 2049 is quite the opposite, the whole ai waifu romance subplot was offensively dumb. I don't know man, I really didn't feel there was any point to anything in that film. The dream thing was handled way better with the unicorn in OG Blade Runner. I'll shut up now. It was fine, I'm sure.

no? really?

Trace of, sorry. But yes, they mostly drive cars and/or fight. Some trending topics happen to be touched upon, clumsily, along the way, but it's just sprinkled on top for added "depth", it's not the core element of the film.

Putting it up against BR 2049 is a bit silly though, it's like comparing Snatch to the Godfather part III.

Edited by Gocab

BR2049 = kinda late 90s / early 00s inspired IDM with far too much glitch fx, empty & pointless, tho well produced - rather cringey man-cave stuff. A Richard Devine album basically.

dunno what album Fury Road is but better than that.. like being fuck drunk & on acid at the same time?

I started writing a long winded and terribly phrased answer to that, but it's the weekend and you don't want to waste your time reading that nonsense.

I started writing a long winded and terribly phrased answer to that, but it's the weekend and you don't want to waste your time reading that nonsense.

oh, c'mon, do it! i have nothing better to do... this weekend's gonna suck...