IGNORED

Scintilli - Missing

Guest Marach

Guest ruiagnelo

i am now facing the fact that i had never heard Ol before, because i have always had a US version of Not for 333's :O

good thing of it: new Plaid track for me!!

shit! really? why isn't it on there? that's weird!!

it's on the Peel Session,

but i think they called it "Cold" on there, for some reason... probably because it is (slightly) cold sounding techno..

or it could've just been a typo.

dunno why, but apparently americans didn't have the right to get Ol - http://www.discogs.com/Plaid-Not-For-Threes/release/920037

and the track order is slighty different as well. whatever

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

the track order is slightly different as well. whatever

very strange! i never knew that.

i guess we both learned something about Plaid today ahahah

more than 20 years making music and there is always something about them to be discovered!

Still haven't listened to Missing or 35 Summers. The anticipation is really starting to get to me especially after reading this forum.

As for the Scintilli impressions, the club track doesn't scare me and I have a feeling I might know which one is making it's way onto the album. It's either going to be the track that comes on around the 51:40 mark on the Abstract Science live show from 2007 or the track that comes in around 5:40 on the BangFace 2010 set. I could be wrong on both counts, but both of these songs have been played out for a couple of years now (first one has had variations).

The whole album being varied sounds fine by me, I really am excited to hear there is a "Host" style track (which coincidentally could be the BangFace song I mentioned, since it has a similar bassline).

Hearing about the last track really get me thinking though. Are we talking as epic as 3/4 Heart? If so I will be blown away.

And finally, I really want to know if the work Plaid did for the Strata art series (Strata 3) will make its way onto the album some how. Those vocal pads hark back to their early days and would be a fine addition to Scintilli.

As for the Scintilli impressions, the club track doesn't scare me and I have a feeling I might know which one is making it's way onto the album. It's either going to be the track that comes on around the 51:40 mark on the Abstract Science live show from 2007 or the track that comes in around 5:40 on the BangFace 2010 set. I could be wrong on both counts, but both of these songs have been played out for a couple of years now (first one has had variations).

i hope the track at 51:40 on abstract science doesnt go in Scintilli as the club track! dude, that,,,,that track doesnt progress into anything does it? and does it excite any of you out there??? it doesnt excite me at all!! :S

sorry if i sounded negative about a Plaid track, though.. but i should have written this down... i didnt even upload it as an unknown on thechannel. :S

maybe im just tasteless anyways...

The whole album being varied sounds fine by me, I really am excited to hear there is a "Host" style track (which coincidentally could be the BangFace song I mentioned, since it has a similar bassline).

ah i know the one you mean... i think.

i wouldn't mind that on the album at all. no doubt it will be a more crafted version, not a live version, of course.

and will probably sound completely different on the album.

also, 3/4 Heart was what i was thinking when T&A described the last track!! i'm really hoping for something that epic, too.

and/or something like that 'strata track'... strata with some Plaid beats would be f**king awesome!!

I don't like it as well as the summers thing - and it's not a grower. This is a very rare case in Plaids music! Will listen to Heaven's Door OST until then, for about 100000 times.

I don't like it as well as the summers thing - and it's not a grower. This is a very rare case in Plaids music! Will listen to Heaven's Door OST until then, for about 100000 times.

give it time... 'missing' did not appeal to me upon the first few listens but now it is getting multiple replays almost each day

Guest Enter a new display name

more than 20 years making music and there is always something about them to be discovered!

APHEX TWIN SUBFORUM

give it time... 'missing' did not appeal to me upon the first few listens but now it is getting multiple replays almost each day

same here, 35 summers and missing are so much growing on me.....

Was disappointed in the firsts seconds of the first time I listened to the track but I'm now liking it (and what the album could possibly be if it has this direction) more at every new listening.

What a end of September !.. Plaid + Modeselektor :emotawesomepm9:

Is this the ending track to Scintilli?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USqbbX0MJX4

I always wondered if this song was on the album and after listening to it again in months, I noticed that the track does end with just a piano. Regardless, hopefully this one made it on in some capacity. It has a Balil vibe to it.

yeah only DL and tee, i think. warp have said they will be selling the tee separately, tho.. after the release. so i'm baggin 1 then.

i am now facing the fact that i had never heard Ol before, because i have always had a US version of Not for 333's :O

good thing of it: new Plaid track for me!!

shit! really? why isn't it on there? that's weird!!

it's on the Peel Session,

but i think they called it "Cold" on there, for some reason... probably because it is (slightly) cold sounding techno..

or it could've just been a typo.

Not for Three's came out when Nothing Records had the contract with Warp to release albums stateside, and they were in the habit of tacking on EP tracks to the end and removing an album track to get it all to fit on a CD. iirc Not for Three's was packaged with a track or two from Undoneson on it. They did the same with Stay Down by Two Lone Swordsmen.

as for Ol/Cold my guess would be that it's intentional. I think they change titles as tracks develop sometimes Ol/Cold, Norte Route/ Nort Rout/ Piano Promo/Pino Pomo, Quick Emit/ Quick Emix

Archived