IGNORED

chatmm

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont say like a dunno what im saying, some of of my fondest memoeries come from the glory irc days back in the days (~3 yrs ago). i made a script game in mirc called hangdong whiches the same as hangman except u draw a ascii dong (custom length) and instead of words its random generated sex phrases

Guest hahathhat

i was on irc today and oscillik just kept talking about his seedbox. i think that's something like a tube sock, but i didn't want to ask.

btw I never saw any link trading in chattm, just discussing music and bullshitting... Joyrex, this is bullshit man. Bring back CHATMM

also i would argue that there is more disrespect and rudeness in the forums than there is in chatmm

i usually don't get along with max, most people know that.

but he is right on the money here. don't know what it was about chatmm that made people be more civil towards each other, but it's true - chatmm was more respectful and civil than WATMM forums

i 2nd this

also i would argue that there is more disrespect and rudeness in the forums than there is in chatmm

...he is right on the money here. don't know what it was about chatmm that made people be more civil towards each other, but it's true - chatmm was more respectful and civil than WATMM forums

i 2nd this

I 3rd this as well. I don't think there was a time where I felt annoyed with anyone on there.

I'm kind of bummed that I probably won't interact with many of the members that frequented chatmm anymore.

Guest hahathhat

current ISO 9000 watmm standard:

1) random board change/upgrade/alteration/etc. surprises board members like a leaky waterbed on monday morning.

2) board members complain. management lays down the law, quite often on rhombix.

3) arguments. things settle down.

proposed OVR 9000 watmm standard:

1) board change/upgrade/alteration/etc. is announced i.e. "we'll be doing this on monday sometime."

2) announcement post serves as a lightning rod to attract whining and drama. ideally, there would be two-way communication at this point.

3) lack of drama on roll-out date allows watmm's engineering team to meet OVR 9000 standards

i feel this will provide for a more satisfactory board atmosphere

i was on irc today and oscillik just kept talking about his seedbox. i think that's something like a tube sock, but i didn't want to ask.

lol

come on... i never saw more than 10 people in there at a time... out of the hundreds that visit everyday! it's not worth bringing it back... there's plenty of other ways to chat to people from watmm.com

come on... i never saw more than 10 people in there at a time... out of the hundreds that visit everyday! it's not worth bringing it back... there's plenty of other ways to chat to people from watmm.com

I think it's less busy in the summer time. I for one went on it maybe twice this summer, but I was on all of the time during my last school year. It's probably one of the many reasons I received a low grade in my college algebra class.

Members Online Today: 444

don't get me wrong it's good to talk :) but i can understand why they took it away.

don't you guys have msn or 'windows live messenger' or whatever it's called now, or aim, or anything like that?

don't get me wrong it's good to talk :) but i can understand why they took it away.

don't you guys have msn or 'windows live messenger' or whatever it's called now, or aim, or anything like that?

not quite the same

I've been on chatmm a few times.. Usually when I was drunk. Not sure i'm going to miss it. Feels kind of weird chatting with a bunch of almost strangers about no subject or anything.. I didn't experience anything bad about it. It was generally just too random and meaningless.

not quite the same

from what i remember of my days using the old msn, you could have group chats on that... and invite whoever you wanted into the conversation... aslong as they had msn, of course. so how is that not the same thing? just not the same vibe...?

..it's not as easy as just jumping into chat, i suppose, but i'd say it's pretty much the same thing.

I've been on chatmm a few times.. Usually when I was drunk. Not sure i'm going to miss it. Feels kind of weird chatting with a bunch of almost strangers about no subject or anything.. I didn't experience anything bad about it. It was generally just too random and meaningless.

yeah, + 1

You would only talk to people who you already were acquainted with that way. Chatmm would put you in a room with people you had gotten to know & didn't know. One is like hanging out with your friends, and the other is like going to a party where you don't know everyone. That shouldn't be too hard to see.

not quite the same

from what i remember of my days using the old msn, you could have group chats on that... and invite whoever you wanted into the conversation... aslong as they had msn, of course. so how is that not the same thing? just not the same vibe...?

..it's not as easy as just jumping into chat, i suppose, but i'd say it's pretty much the same thing.

yeah, + 1

it requires friend lists and stuff. whereas chatmm didn't.

Archived