IGNORED

Gaddafi's death

chassis

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what to say, Chen. Except that I find the outcome of the past few months to be less than desirable. Don't you think Saudi Arabia would've been a much better target for NATO? North Korea? USA? (lol)

Out of the three countries you listed, only the US has people calling for outside intervention.

jus sayin!

apparently they burned his body at a secret location in the desert this morning.

No, he was buried. Cremation is uncommon and generally avoided if possible in Islamic countries.

Other than that, I've not really read the thread so don't want to weigh in on the arguments. Gaddafi didn't deserve to die the way he did, though. Nobody does. And the triumphant reaction from much of the British press the next day was sickening. Only the Financial Times struck the right tone imho.

This is worse than the British press could ever be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y

That bitch makes me want to puke and give Monica Lewinski cunnilingus.

God, what a bastard woman she is.

Yeah, the newsreports were wrong, the fact that they supposedly burnt him made me post it.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/111024/gaddafi-sodomized-video-gaddafi-sodomy

An analysis of video obtained by GlobalPost from a rebel fighter who recorded the moment when Col. Muammar Gaddafi was first captured confirms that another rebel fighter, whose identity is unknown, sodomized the former leader as he was being dragged from the drainpipe where he had taken cover.

I agree with this comment: "Doesn't this make them as much of an animal as he was then? Sometimes humans disgust me."

http://www.globalpos...-gaddafi-sodomy

An analysis of video obtained by GlobalPost from a rebel fighter who recorded the moment when Col. Muammar Gaddafi was first captured confirms that another rebel fighter, whose identity is unknown, sodomized the former leader as he was being dragged from the drainpipe where he had taken cover.

I agree with this comment: "Doesn't this make them as much of an animal as he was then? Sometimes humans disgust me."

exactly.

you know its funny, our generations mock Hitler and joke about him being ass raped by people/horrible shit happening to him...but part of me believes the generation that actually lived through that just wanted closure....i mean if you read Arendt she says one of the biggest regrets amongst the Jewish population was that Hitler was never put on trial. He was never held directly accountable...instead he kills himself like a coward, and now we constantly gloat over the corpse of an "inhuman" man in order to conveniently avoid the fact that he was human and that humanity can be capable of recreating these horrible crimes regardless of ideological position.

so sickening. just shows the level of violence capable when it's "justified"

reading contact by carl sagan right now; it makes current events so much more depressing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived