IGNORED

group/public photo-sharing website - ideas?

jeremymacgregor87

Long story short, I've decided to put togethor a collaborative photography project - sort of like a photochain but not quite...

link

the idea is to connect one photo to the next (or any other photo, really) based not on "theme" but where vertexes/lines touch and angles meet, etc. Think of a mosaic, one photo continuing on from the lines in another.

I've done up a not-too- :facepalm: invitation/description (below) about how it'll all go down

My only problem so far is how too actually host all of these photos, publicly, so that everyone and anyone can keep adding to them. I don't want to be incessantly PMing passwords back and forth. Ideally, the site will allow the photos to be rearranged, so that as the project starts to take shape anyone will be able to shuffle and connect these as people see fit, wherever the chain/mosaic leads.

SO, I'm looking for a photo sharing/dumping site, where it's fairly sandboxy, anyone can access it, and people can upload to it as they please. Ideas? I'm using SmugMug at the moment, but I have some design concerns.

and if anyone's interested in participating, please let me know - I've never done anything like this before. Could be rubbish, could be not rubbish

THANKS

post-4992-0-58916300-1314002902_thumb.jpg

I have a flickr account already but it isn't all that flexible with ordering of files and for what I'm trying to do with this, not to mention the lengths you have to go to actually get to the full size photo.

I dunno, the API looks pretty comprehensive about how you can grab and manipulate the data - http://www.flickr.com/services/api/

I have a flickr account already but it isn't all that flexible with ordering of files and for what I'm trying to do with this, not to mention the lengths you have to go to actually get to the full size photo.

I dunno, the API looks pretty comprehensive about how you can grab and manipulate the data - http://www.flickr.com/services/api/

I understand very little of all that :emotawesomepm9: , but thanks for the link (having a read now)

In that case what's probably best is to just steal the code from an app that already uses the api - http://www.flickr.com/services/ :happy:

I was actually thinking of doing that with a tumblr page, but I think I've pushed my luck as far as it'll go. Some sleek themes there, might have to cough up some cash

Archived