IGNORED

reason 6 - any other reason users have a complete boner over this?

Alzado

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, lack of VST / MIDI out doesn't frustrate me as much as lack of video syncing, although perhaps it should. So I'm somewhat learning Reaper in the hopes of becoming sequencer independent, using one for some projects and the other for others.

Now I have different sets of issues with each. -.-

...I bet the program is stable as fuck being self-contained and all...

Yes, that's what I like about it. Let me tell you the difference between Reason and everything else: it doesn't crash ever. When you're in your flow, the last thing you want is to be abruptly awoken to the real world by a system failure of any kind. It's also astonishingly fast, even on reasonably (so to speak) old hardware.

...Dongle is a bad decision imo...

Right again. It gets in the way of people who actually bought it trying to use the damned thing. Again, something I like about Reaper is that it doesn't bother with any of that DRM nonsense.

vst support?

no

This is still such a huge huge hole in Reason's workflow.

That's the key to its workflow. Reason would not be Reason if it had vst's.

Yeah, I understand, it just isn't for me personally. So many times whilst using it I've thought "if only I had x/y/z effect/instrument to use on this setup, it would kill", etc.

Dongle is a bad decision imo, will be emulated sooner or later by a crack team that seeks a challenge.

It hasn't already?

i don't think it's released yet

Record has a dongle, so I assume it's been already cracked.

Reason is the most stable program i've ever used. That's another reason the dongle worries me. I know the cubase dongle was hacked, but it made the program pretty unstable imo. i hope the dongle and/or it's emulation don't compromise Reason's stability.

I bet they cracked it already but sat on it until a reason dongle was invoked. if they use the same dongle, you can release your crack instantly.

it seems like companies try dongles from time to time just to come back and realize that it was better without it. Logic used to have one, and then they got rid of it and dropped the price like 40%... That's the smartest move IMO.

i think you'll find that it was a bit more complex than that - Emagic used a dongle for copy protection. Then when Apple bought Emagic, Apple dropped the dongle and had it as a serial number only. Apple doesn't do copy protection dongles. It's not as if Emagic suddenly realised that dongles are annoying, Apple said "our way or the highway".

Guest the anonymous forumite

it seems like companies try dongles from time to time just to come back and realize that it was better without it. Logic used to have one, and then they got rid of it and dropped the price like 40%... That's the smartest move IMO.

Native Instruments too.

flying lotus uses reason 3.5. some interesting tweets:

(edit: as pointed out below, Reason 3.5 didn't exist, flyinglotus is presumably talking about 3.0)

Parches: @flyinglotus wait, you made Cosmogramma all on Reason 3.5?

Flyinglotus: To be real... since we're starting a new era. so far, I did everything on Reason 3.5 (From july heat to pattern+grid world).

Flyinglotus: if the logic thing doesn't work out. .Ill just go back to my old ways. No matter what ill probably always use reason 3 even if its rewired

Flyinglotus: @strangelooptv showed me how to use reason in college.. I dropped out

Flyinglotus: after reason 3.5 i thought the sequencer got over complicated. I only need a limited amount of tools.

Flyinglotus: i think reason is the worst program out . i just learned it first. it does what i need it to do

Flyinglotus: they can keep updating reason im probably gonna stick with 3.5, rewire into logic. pow. (until they make a mac version of fl studio)

Flyinglotus: reason 3.5 won't work on my new mac. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

he's right about the sequencer getting overcomplicated after 3.5, I preferred the old 3.5 sequencer too.

Archived