IGNORED

Kuedo - Severant

Guest Adam

It's something I have to be in the mood for, but he does that mood so well that it's like a dark, warm cave I can just hang out in. I can still listen to it on repeat for hours. Best p-mu release I've heard in quite a while, probably best release of 2011 along with Replica.

God, the last track is weak though!

One of the many LPs which somehow went under my radar. But thanks to the amazing "Work, live and sleep in colapsing space" and the even more amazing Laurel Halo rework I'm slowly getting in touch with "Severant".

• 8 years later...

I made my own playlist for Blade Runner 2049 came out because I was bummed they didn't just have Kuedo score the whole thing. This album is so brilliant. In case interested, made one in prep for Dune too.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, scumtron said:

I just found out Kuedo released an ep/album called The Sprawl in 2020.

A selection of original recordings made for Metahaven’s documentary film "The Sprawl (Propaganda About Propaganda)"

Metahaven's “The Sprawl (Propaganda About Propaganda)” emerged before the Trump presidency, and took as its starting point the mass invasion of social media by state propaganda outlets in the wake of the Arab Spring, suggesting more structural interconnections between geopolitics and software.

The documentary is from 2016.

Imaginary Motherland. Some Notes on The Sprawl (Propaganda About Propaganda) and a Google Doc Conversation with Metahaven (Medium/Lesia Prokopenko)

Very much my kind of thing, so now I'm looking for a way to watch it.

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...