IGNORED

Finally! Lucas Gets Something Right

Joyrex

A clip from the upcoming Star Wars movies on Blu-Ray show Lucas finally went and fixed something in the movies that actually needed fixing: That damn lame Yoda puppet (which was inferior to even 1980's Empire Strikes Back Yoda puppet) from The Phantom Menace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywoUBV_pOiI&feature=player_embedded

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why oh why didn't he CGi Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen out of the prequels?

wish CGI could give jake lloyd a soul!!

lol - you read my mind

Read the title again: someTHING right - only this...

I just noticed that Jake Lloyd enunciates the same way Lucas does

Probably was taught how to act by Lucas on the set :emotawesomepm9:

this is extremely low on the list of errors.

and I think phantom menace is the best prequel.

TPM is good for one thing (perhaps two): The Darth Maul battle at the end and the Podracing sequence. Those hold glimmers of the old Lucas magic from the original trilogy, IMO.

TPM is good for one thing (perhaps two): The Darth Maul battle at the end and the Podracing sequence. Those hold glimmers of the old Lucas magic from the original trilogy, IMO.

QFT.

That and the Duel of the Fates theme

I don't even remember how Yoda looked originally in TPM. The whole prequel trilogy was a complete mess and has soured me on Star Wars as a whole. George Lucas was the blind chicken that struck gold with the OT, it probably helped that he had competent directors and writers doing them as well.

Guest ruiagnelo

I think i will never understand this intense nostalgia for the original films and hatred for the most recent. maybe it is because i wasn't there when it all began...

it has good moments in it, but no it's not really worth watching. As a whole it's a very poorly patched together story and the transition from Annakin to Darth Vadar is far too quick and nonsensical .

There is also one scene in particular that has given birth to more viral memes than any of the other star wars prequels. Just type in google 'vadar' and 'noooooooo' and youll see what i mean, its some hilarious shit during what's supposed to be an emotionally crucial scene in the film.

Was the last Star Wars any good (and by that I mean better than the other two travesties)? I never bothered with it after seeing the first two. Wasn't even curious.

It's 'good' in the sense that it's the only movie of the three prequels that actually shows you what you've been waiting for all these years. No one was really interested in knowing about Anakin's mom, his slave master, Qui-Gon, Gungans etc in The Phantom Menace. No one cared about forbidden love or Star Wars gladiator arenas or Count Dooku in Clones. What everyone was waiting for was to watch Anakin go fucking nuts and kill everyone and of course his final transformation into Darth Vader. So yeah, Revenge is good because it finally gives us what we wanted but it's still fucking painful to watch. I don't want to sound like an internet know-it-all movie professor but I'm pretty sure that Revenge really shows us what a terrible director Lucas must be because Natalie Portman is fucking TERRIBLE in this movie and she's usually quite good or at least she CAN be. Am I right? I guess you can also blame the dialogue for being complete shit.

But all in all it's not a good movie if you're not into Star Wars.

QFT.

That and the Duel of the Fates theme

Well, John Williams' music has never been called into question, has it? Even Lucas messed that up with that 'dance number' he added in Jedi *shudder*, and changing the ending song in Jedi from the awesome "Yub Yub" to that garbage they used.

I don't even remember how Yoda looked originally in TPM. The whole prequel trilogy was a complete mess and has soured me on Star Wars as a whole. George Lucas was the blind chicken that struck gold with the OT, it probably helped that he had competent directors and writers doing them as well.

Refresh your memory, I will, yesssss...

250px-Yoda_TPM.jpg

Poorly constructed and realized I am! When CGI capabilities lacking, how bad you look when you create crap puppet!

I think i will never understand this intense nostalgia for the original films and hatred for the most recent. maybe it is because i wasn't there when it all began...

Yeah, probably.

Was the last Star Wars any good (and by that I mean better than the other two travesties)? I never bothered with it after seeing the first two. Wasn't even curious.

It's 'good' in the sense that it's the only movie of the three prequels that actually shows you what you've been waiting for all these years. No one was really interested in knowing about Anakin's mom, his slave master, Qui-Gon, Gungans etc in The Phantom Menace. No one cared about forbidden love or Star Wars gladiator arenas or Count Dooku in Clones. What everyone was waiting for was to watch Anakin go fucking nuts and kill everyone and of course his final transformation into Darth Vader. So yeah, Revenge is good because it finally gives us what we wanted but it's still fucking painful to watch. I don't want to sound like an internet know-it-all movie professor but I'm pretty sure that Revenge really shows us what a terrible director Lucas must be because Natalie Portman is fucking TERRIBLE in this movie and she's usually quite good or at least she CAN be. Am I right? I guess you can also blame the dialogue for being complete shit.

But all in all it's not a good movie if you're not into Star Wars.

It's quite sad but I can sum up the cool scenes in each of the prequels very easily:

TPM:

• Podracing sequence (minus of course the idiotic announcer with two heads and Anakin's "It's working!"
  • The final lightsaber duel between Obi Wan, Qui Gon Jinn and Darth Maul

AOTC:

• The Obi-Wan - Jango Fett battle on Kamino in the rain
  • The asteroid battle between Obi Wan and Slave-I (can't wait to watch this in HD on BD)

ROTS: (how oddly appropriate of an acronym)

• Grevious - Obi Wan battle on the landing platform (skip all that silly chase crap before it)
  • The transformation of Anakin into Darth Vader (the hospital scenes, minus the "NOOOOOOOOOOO")

Any others I missed? I honestly can't think of any others...

The prequel trilogy had a bunch of plot holes, like when Leia said she remembered her mother as a sad persone, but in the prequel Amidala dies at childbirth.WTF! And the the nonsensical reveal of the clone troopers, ordered by some jedi named Syfodias, who was he and why are we just hearing about it now?!? I always thought the Clone Wars was the Republic fighting against some evil clone army, but it turned out they were the "good" guys. And the whole political aspect of the prequels were completely overbearing. And the great unintentional(?) racial stereotypes.

I didn't remember the phantom menace yoda because the movie was so shit that the shit yoda must have been un noticeable within that huge pile of shit.

oh, thanks for the pic.

yea

Any others I missed? I honestly can't think of any others...

Natalie Portman in the ripped up white outfit while fighting in that coliseum thing.

Archived