IGNORED

Finally! Lucas Gets Something Right

Joyrex

TPM is good for one thing (perhaps two): The Darth Maul battle at the end and the Podracing sequence. Those hold glimmers of the old Lucas magic from the original trilogy, IMO.

I sat with my son when he first experienced the Darth Maul Battle... It's a moment I'll never forget! When the doors opened, the music started, and he busted out his doubled edged lightsaber, my son jumped up and his eyes grew 3 sizes bigger and said "OMG!" It was a happy moment. I may have a distain for that movie like most of you, but watching that film with my son made it so much better!

Duel of the Fates theme

My son hums this all the time!

ROTS: (how oddly appropriate of an acronym)
  • Grevious - Obi Wan battle on the landing platform (skip all that silly chase crap before it)
  • The transformation of Anakin into Darth Vader (the hospital scenes, minus the "NOOOOOOOOOOO")

Any others I missed? I honestly can't think of any others...

I personally like the battle between Mace Windu and Palpatine. especially the "NO NO NO... YOU WILL DIE!" and the force lightning burning Palpatines face and the "UNLIMITED POWER!" scream and Mace Dies... that battle was pretty awesome. my son cried though when Anakin turned.

Palpatine and Obi Wan are what saved the film for me. They were both awesome! Palpatine is like the ultimate troll!

My son and I had some cool moments while watching the films. It was cool to watch his reactions during the key scenes in each film.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TPM is good for one thing (perhaps two): The Darth Maul battle at the end and the Podracing sequence. Those hold glimmers of the old Lucas magic from the original trilogy, IMO.

I sat with my son when he first experienced the Darth Maul Battle... It's a moment I'll never forget! When the doors opened, the music started, and he busted out his doubled edged lightsaber, my son jumped up and his eyes grew 3 sizes bigger and said "OMG!" It was a happy moment. I may have a distain for that movie like most of you, but watching that film with my son made it so much better!

Duel of the Fates theme

My son hums this all the time!

ROTS: (how oddly appropriate of an acronym)
  • Grevious - Obi Wan battle on the landing platform (skip all that silly chase crap before it)
  • The transformation of Anakin into Darth Vader (the hospital scenes, minus the "NOOOOOOOOOOO")

I personally like the battle between Mace Windu and Palpatine. especially the "NO NO NO... YOU WILL DIE!" and the force lightning burning Palpatines face and the "UNLIMITED POWER!" scream and Mace Dies... that battle was pretty awesome. my son cried though when Anakin turned.

Palpatine and Obi Wan are what saved the film for me. They were both awesome! Palpatine is like the ultimate troll!

My son and I had some cool moments while watching the films. It was cool to watch his reactions during the key scenes in each film.

That Windu/Palpatine battle was cool until that kid decided he'd attack Mace. It's dumb that a master jedi like Mace Windu couldn't foresee or stop a little bastard like Anakin's attack. Sure, you could say that he was caught off-guard because he didn't think that would happen, but isn't that supposed to be the skill of a Jedi? It just didn't make sense.

I thought the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight at the end was great, with Hayden Christensen finally learning to act as he lay legless burning in the lava.

Other than that, the movie sucked.

I thought the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight at the end was great, with Hayden Christensen finally learning to act as he lay legless burning in the lava.

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest underscore

Natalie Portman in the ripped up white outfit while fighting in that coliseum thing.

yeah, amidala in white outfit, plz sit on my face

About the Windu/Palpatine scene... I have ALWAYS hated that scene. When the camera is focusing on both characters the fighting looks cool but when they zoom in on Palpatine who is no longer played by the stunt double the fighting looks really awkward. It's slow and stiff.

I wasn't all that upset about digital Yoda in The Phantom Menace, because, well, it's The Phantom Menace, but when you start going back and pissing on Ben Burtt's good name by adding absolutely unnecessary sound effects to scenes that were already fine to begin with, well. Let's just say you're not making me more likely to shell out the $140 you're asking for.

[youtubehd]eGaSxSuB2vY[/youtubehd]

But that's not all...

[youtubehd]J0EUjobdavw[/youtubehd]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! What in the loving fuck was that sound? I mean, the original sound is pretty messed up but holy shit, Obi Wan. If this trick comes as part of being a Jedi then count me in...

The edited and revised original trilogy is just as bad as the prequels, if not more egregious. And I don't sanctify Star Wars, there were shitty moments in the originals, too. But from the re-release of ANH on, this whole series has been fucking stupid and I question the taste of anyone who can uncringingly watch any post-1990s Star Wars movie version.

And those "epic" battles that everyone liked from the prequels were some of the stagiest, unemotional "epic" battles ever committed to film, or whatever soulless digital medium they were committed to.

AND FUCK YOU, McGregor and Portman were both awful in the prequels, aside from Ewan's half-decent Alec Guinness vocal (not acting) impression. That scene with Natalie getting her shirt all ripped was fucking gag-inducingly campy. So, paradoxically, any male human who even remotely liked that scene is a full-on camp-loving stereotypical homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that).

FUCK THIS SHIT, FUCK YOU GEORGE LUCAS

IT ALL SUCKED, IT'S ALWAYS SUCKED, YOU WERE JUST FUCKING STUPID IN 1986 WHEN YOU HAD THAT SWEET B-WING MODEL, LITTLE BAPH, THAT SCENE WHERE THAT THING BURPS "COMICALLY" OUTSIDE JABBA'S DIGS WAS IN THE ORIGINAL RTOTJ, HOLY SHIT

but I ain't even bovvered

Guest Ricky Downtown

before he did any Star Wars movies he did this one... it's pretty good actually

americangraffiti.jpg

ha! forgot about this one! American Graffiti is easily a better film than any star wars film (besides A New Hope, obv), and proof that George Lucas once had "it".

I'm going to take that krayt call video as evidence that GL has given up on improving Star Wars & is now turning it into a comedy. An actually funny comedy, not like the jokes from the original versions.

for anyone that missed them, Plinket tells us everything we need to know about why the prequels sucked.

Phantom Menace review (1 of 7)

[youtubehd]FxKtZmQgxrI[/youtubehd]

Attack of the Clones review:

Revenge of the Sith review

Quick summary: Lucas is a lazy, uninventive director who relies on cgi nonsense and people walking slowly past blue screen backgrounds and doesn't understand people, relationships, women, storytelling, or any of what made the original trilogy good. Also, pizza rolls.

More proof that Lucas should be barred from going anywhere near any movies ever again:

He's editing a Darth Vader 'Noooo' into the new version of Return of the Jedi in a completely incompetent attempt to make the 'Nooooo' in RotS make sense:

[youtubehd]27RVJJfny4I[/youtubehd]

Archived