Sign in to follow this  
Joyrex

Finally! Lucas Gets Something Right

[youtubehd]CRejStaN3q4[/youtubehd]

Now I'm just being picky.... but Ewoks NEVER blink. Ever!

Also, this doesn't make any sense

xlarge_r2newshots.jpg

In the scene in the first movie when R2D2 is hiding behind some rocks, the rocks have now been digitally enlarged so that it makes no sense that R2 could even have gotten back there.

Guest Enter a new display name

Squee, why do you even watch Star Wars? lol

[youtubehd]CRejStaN3q4[/youtubehd]

Now I'm just being picky.... but Ewoks NEVER blink. Ever!

Also, this doesn't make any sense

xlarge_r2newshots.jpg

In the scene in the first movie when R2D2 is hiding behind some rocks, the rocks have now been digitally enlarged so that it makes no sense that R2 could even have gotten back there.

i'm guessing he flew back there?

4292976681_8fa4119fa8_o.jpg

Squee, why do you even watch Star Wars? lol

I love the old ones (the versions before 1997). And don't worry I'm not one of those 'omg, Lucas is destroying Star Wars! Fuck him' etc etc. They're his movies so he can do whatever he wants. I just think it's sort of hilarious how he has managed to turn a great movie franchise into something that makes people cringe.

The other thing to realize is by changing all these things, a whole generation of kids is growing up accepting these things as the norm, being none the wiser...

So they're adding another Vader scream to Jedi, when he turns of the Emperor? Pointless.

These small adjustments are just dumb. Lucas has been so enamored with CGI that he can't stop.

george-lucas-now-and-then1-460x363.jpg

[youtubehd]27RVJJfny4I[/youtubehd]

amazing

speaking of Rapey special editions has anyone seen Spileberg's travesty that is the ET special edition? I think he experienced some embarrassment after taking a class at the Lucas anti-artist school, because i dont think he did it again (although oddly the car going off the cliff scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark has been digitally replaced with CGI on certain tv broadcasts)

Spielberg became more sensitive about the scene where gun-wielding federal agents threaten Elliott and his escaping friends and had the guns digitally replaced with walkie-talkies.[5]

In a June 2011 interview, Spielberg said that in the future,

there’s going to be no more digital enhancements or digital additions to anything based on any film I direct.... When people ask me which
E.T.
they should look at, I always tell them to look at the original 1982
E.T.
If you notice, when we did put out
E.T.
we put out two
E.T.
s. We put out the digitally enhanced version with the additional scenes and for no extra money, in the same package, we put out the original ‘82 version. I always tell people to go back to the ’82 version.

Guest couch

I can see the significance of him doing that. It's the turning point for when he officially became vader and the turning point for when he changed. But it sounds so cheesy.

I can see the significance of him doing that. It's the turning point for when he officially became vader and the turning point for when he changed. But it sounds so cheesy.

i'm no fan of the Star Wars films, but that was already apparent. no need to smack you in the face with a double NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[youtubehd]J0EUjobdavw[/youtubehd]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! What in the loving fuck was that sound? I mean, the original sound is pretty messed up but holy shit, Obi Wan. If this trick comes as part of being a Jedi then count me in...

windowlicker track 2

He took audio from the worst scene in any Star Wars movie and put in one of the best scenes. Not only one of the best scenes, but in my favorite SW movie. I fucking hate that man.

Hate is a strong word. No sense in getting worked up about some movie, but still. It's very annoying.

When Darth Vader is on Hoth he should go SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

And when he turns on his light saber he should comment on the GLOOOOOOOOW

And in the carbonite freezing scene he'd be all like "that's what you get Han SoLOOOOOOOOOOOO"

lol

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Guest couch

When Darth Vader is on Hoth he should go SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

And when he turns on his light saber he should comment on the GLOOOOOOOOW

And in the carbonite freezing scene he'd be all like "that's what you get Han SoLOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Why not go all the way and overdub the entire original trilogy with "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOo" for all of vaders lines.

Because then you'd be turning Darth Vader into Darth Young Helen Keller.

Edited by Cryptowen

That would be more of a NEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmgh

Apparantly that 'noooooo' wasn't all that Lucas added to ROTJ

[youtubehd]LF4YGIg-lZA[/youtubehd]

wtf is he doing?

make another movie, keep yourself busy, don't fuck with perfection