IGNORED

Legowelt - The Teac Life

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I love everything this guy puts out.

Love this board by the way, found it by random chance while trying to find out why BATaldsr's channel got deleted from youtube. That's how I used to make most of my electronic music discoveries.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
traxxx straight through the ghetto compressor

SEASIDE HOUZ BOYS ep

SEASIDEHOUZ.png

sweet..

& to you all making afx comparisons, teac tapes aint the right contestant (but check this one instead)

awww man he did another Astro Unicorn Broadcast straight outta Scheveningen last week.... a Unicorn Revival with a rare XOSAR interview.. SOME jams in there.!

http://www.robotdj.net/robotdata/AstroUnicornRadio/SMACKOS%20-%20Astro%20Unicorn%20Special%20Feat.%20Xosar%20%26%20Not%20Happy%20Jan%20%2826.08.11%29.mp3

awww man he did another Astro Unicorn Broadcast straight outta Scheveningen last week.... a Unicorn Revival with a rare XOSAR interview.. SOME jams in there.!

http://www.robotdj.net/robotdata/AstroUnicornRadio/SMACKOS%20-%20Astro%20Unicorn%20Special%20Feat.%20Xosar%20%26%20Not%20Happy%20Jan%20%2826.08.11%29.mp3

sexy Shirley

I can't find any info on the SEASIDE HOUZ BOYZ release though. What's up with that?

http://www.legowelt.com/

"Bring all your german minimal technohouse records to the 2nd hand store cause its time for the SEASIDE HOUZ BOYS EP on 12" vinyl coming soon on CREME RECORDS"

hehe.

oh thank you! samples are ace.

• 4 months later...

i discovered this guy after hunting down the "supposedly" rare italian poliziotteschi soundtrack he did- and while very enjoyable- it couldn't have been further from what i was expecting. actually, it sounded more like early video game muzik with a more narrative focus. i also checked out the 'library murders' album and i enjoyed that just as much as the 'special brigade'

i really love the concepts legowalt comes up with; especially the back stories that accompany each project; but i always feel like the muzik is slightly more underwelming than the concept.

hahaha. you're wrong. his music makes his concepts work.

buy danny's shit if you want him to work with better/worse/more gear.

will try to get him to post here btw

• 1 month later...

not sure i can fully subscribe to that notion sir, but i will tell you this. i got that franz falckenhaus record from itunes and really enjoying it so far. seems perfect for cold, gloomy weather. are these available in physical form as well? personally i would prefer that, but i paid for the digital because i liked the samples i heard from youtube and loved the back-story (yeeeh).

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

bandcamp rerelease with 3 xtra tracks

https://legowelt.bandcamp.com/album/teac-life

This is a digital re-release of my TEAC LIFE album I released as a free MP3 download on my website in 2011. Lots of people are asking where they can get a high quality wav version so I decided to put it here on my bandcamp and make it NIGHTWIND RECORDS NW012.

I made some fresh artwork so it fits in the Nightwind catalogue and added a bunch of tracks that were produced in the same flow but didnt make it on the original TEAC LIFE album.

If you want it on vinyl there was a quadruple 4xLP version pressed in 2012 and a re-release on colored vinyl in 2013 if I remember correctly, I am sure you can find a copy if you dig a little around because they pressed quite a lot. I think the colored versions were also sold as individual 12"s.

Made entirely on a Yamaha RM1X sequencer and Juno 106 in my old studio in the dunes of Scheveningen on the North Sea coast. Recorded on an old TEAC (Tokyo Electro Acoustic Company) recorder, hence the title.

Like the original album this one is free,you can pay what you want ofrourse if you like it it, any amount is highly appreciated :)

01. The Nightwind 5:55

02. Half Moon 106 7:58

03. The Soul Of A City 8:29

04. Forest Conditioner 8:56

05. Metro Airport 7:50

06. Moon Mist 7:38

07. Beyond Ur Self 6:24

08. Wherever We Go 8:51

09. Mystery Cruising 8:18

10. Can U Feel The Other Side Of Your Soul 5:10

11. Dolphin Training Center 7:35

12. Dare To Dream 12:32

13. Encounter At Farpoint 6:31

14. U Can Fly Away From The Hood 8:50

15. Master Of The Druids 6:14

16. Upstate Spirit War 5:15

17. Warm Technology Cottage 7:23

2:09:49

• 3 months later...

dug up the vinyl copy of this at reckless in chicago. sounds incredible on the hi-fi. kinda noisy but somehow it adds. v emotional release for me - by far the best legowelt imo

• 7 months later...

for the vinyl people:

https://clone.nl/item22225.html

Repress! Its got a hella lot deep tape saturated forest-techno tracks on it and when I say Techno i dont mean that boooooooooooring contemporary shit they call techno nowadays with overrated tallentless pretentious douchebag cunt DJs playing a few halfassed dumb mongo beats and being all arty fartsy about it. F*ck that, I am talking about: Raw as fuck autistic Star Trek 1987- Misty Forests- X-FILES,- DETROIT unicorn futurism made on cheap ass digital & analog crap synthesizers recorded in a ragtag bedroom studio on a TEAC VHX cassettedeck in DOLBY C with an unintelligible yet soulfull vivacity.

:watmm:

Archived