IGNORED

Great Internet Documentaries

Squee

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True Norwegian Black Metal isn't a very good documentary about black metal. It's mostly about gaahl. He isn't even the main member of Gorgoroth. And Gorgoroth aren't all that is black metal. Though Twilight of the Idols is an awesome album.

The first few lines of the documentary spell out how shit the rest of the documentary will be. It's entertaining but don't take it for truth.

Venom has even publicly stated that "black metal" is a joke.

Well I was going to post the youtube links but they all got removed sometime in the last year.

"Until the Light Takes Us"

A documentary about early 90s Norwegian black metal. Fenriz, Varg and Frost feature in it. The Frost part at the end is kind of eh. There's some Geogaddi tunes in the middle of it.

"Alone in the Wilderness"

Well I was going to post the youtube links but they all got removed sometime in the last year.

"Until the Light Takes Us"

A documentary about early 90s Norwegian black metal. Fenriz, Varg and Frost feature in it. The Frost part at the end is kind of eh. There's some Geogaddi tunes in the middle of it.

This is a much better documentary than the Vice one.

Also if you're going to claim anything about "norwegian black metal" or black metal in general you better fucking mention a horseshit load of Mayhem and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. Gaahl ain't got nothing on Mayhem.

the confessions

http://video.pbs.org/video/1637166286/ or netflix

a 83 min frontline special about the norfolk four. One of the better documentaries i've seen recently and i'd recommend not looking anything up about the case beforehand.

the most unbearably infuriating thing i've seen

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest RadarJammer

TRON: LEGACY sound panel

Missile Silo Homes

In the 1960s, the US government built missile silos across the country to protect citizens against nuclear attack. Decommissioned years later, they now serve as shelters to the reclusive and gathering places to the adventurous. We went exploring.

In my town in the 90's a group of kids discovered how to gain entrance into a huge tunnel system (they called it the dungeon) that stretched at least a few miles and linked the abandoned Nike Missle silo to a scattering of various old building's and locations. They used it for all sorts of nefarious purposes most notably to store stolen bikes and to vanish from cops who were chasing them around. The tunnels were lined with huge doors that were welded shut. Eventually in the early 2000's all the entrances were cemented over and sealed for good and to this day there are no formal or public knowledge or information about any sort tunnels around here. Most people wouldn't even believe it.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived