IGNORED

Things that will disappear in the future.

chaosmachine

I was thinking just now, as I stared out the window at some newspaper boxes, that some things I've seen all my life will eventually just disappear. Like cigarette machines or restaurant-brand ashtrays...

EbruT.jpg

As tablet and e-ink devices approach disposable price levels, it seems inevitable we'll just stop seeing these one day:

ve3Hz.jpg

And further down the line, as battery and solar technology advances, perhaps these will disappear, as well...

UuGMBl.jpg

What else?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gas stations will morph into battery charging stations.

Cigarettes - I dunno. People love to smoke. Oh my bad just realized you wrote restaurant-brand ashtrays. lol - I remember when the McDonald's across the street from my high school had those ashtrays you posted. I also remember smoking in the McDonald's across the street from my high school.

Newspapers definitely disappear - sooner the better. Those Metro and 24 hour newspapers that they give out for free are gross.

I'm thinking that desktop computers in their current form factor will disappear sometime.

Guest disparaissant

0811_03_z+2009_cadillac_cTS-V+stick_shift.jpg

paddles and automatics will replace them, i think.

compact-disc.jpg

i just don't see these having the same nostalgic effect that tapes and vinyl have. i think optical media in general is going to disappear eventually.

phone books

electronics dedicated to one thing

trans fat

surgery (replaced by tiny robot doctors)

factory farms (there will always be a market for naturally grown but I imagine most food will come from giant cloned cubes of stuff)

mass media (assuming the internet stays around & free in some form)

movie theatres

toast

but...how will i have marmite on toast then?

:wtf:

marmite will always be here. you'll just need find something else to spread it upon!

oh, wait, in the future there will be no knives, either... due to an increase in knife crime the NWO will ban all knives.

toast

but...how will i have marmite on toast then?

:wtf:

marmite will always be here. you'll just need find something else to spread it upon!

oh, wait, in the future there will be no knives, either... due to an increase in knife crime the NWO will ban all knives.

i guess i'll have to use the three seashells...

And further down the line, as battery and solar technology advances, perhaps these will disappear, as well...

What else?

It's going to take a lot longer than it should for gasoline to be phased out. It's pathetic really.

phone books

Who still uses phone books?

milkyway_4.jpg

sorry

Guest Enter a new display name

white people

In big cities, yes. I defiantly see the change with years. I am part of an extinct species in Montreal.

Archived