IGNORED

Lee Scratch Perry Live

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

scratch is insane and still touring. worth seeing musically still or just as a spectacle or neither?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest analogue wings

I've seen him 3 times. Fair to say he was a little more "as a spectacle" each time. Check whether he has a live band on stage or if it's just Mad Professor spinning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I saw him live in Los Angeles last night. It was my first time. He played with Subatomic Soundsystem and a live brass/conga backup band. He had a large plate of fruit skewered by about 50 burning incense sticks.

It was a late one. I left around 1:30am and he was showing no signs of stopping. On stage, Lee smoked 3 joints, rambled incoherent freestyle for most of the night, almost punched a couple people and poured half a bottle of water all over his hat. Gotta say, dude has killer fashion sense.

Also, I didn’t even smoke any weed and my car interior STILL smells like a juicy bong rip. Wild night.

I saw him about 5-10 years ago, show was a total mess. He was making his backup singers (all young women) very uncomfortable by constantly talking about his dick.

Yup. I saw him about 2 years ago. At first he didn't want to get out on stage because he wasn't allowed to smoke. It was a total mess and it didn't seem like he knew any of the lyrics to any of his songs. Also, his dick got into play during his ramblings between songs.

I loved it.

Archived