IGNORED

Scrabble Championship discussion

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is worng with using wordbiz... i'm assuming we all have computers here???

also there is an ADJOURN game option if it can't be completed in one sitting ala game knot

No to whoever suggested 4 player games

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i'm against installing software when it seems unnecessary.

doing research now for a decent online (none-installation) version now.

i'll delete the poll too

pls start a seperate risk thread.

great idea. no smartphone yet.

why not just do an online one like http://www.lexulous.com/ and forget the smartphone thing?

i signed up but it seems to be a fast paced sit and play game rather than come and go. am i missing that option?

i'll delete the poll too

don't be scared.. it's like a 60kb client that opens you up to a world of non stop scrabble enjoyment.

it looks like you can link your facebook words with friends account to the app account. so perhaps that is the best option. if you don't have facebook or a smartphone then....i don't know

i'll delete the poll too

don't be scared.. it's like a 60kb client that opens you up to a world of non stop scrabble enjoyment.

i just think it will put people off signing up for the tournament. i'll try it out.

also, wordbiz is tied to the international scrabble club and contains all the official dictionaries (sowpods etc) to ensure absolute ruling on questionable words. i'm not playing on some 2 bit scrabble knock off that won't allow quincunx (311pts) across two triple word score squares.

it looks like you can link your facebook words with friends account to the app account. so perhaps that is the best option. if you don't have facebook or a smartphone then....i don't know

only issue i see is that we'll all have to be friends on facebook. so maybe that won't work

also, wordbiz is tied to the international scrabble club and contains all the official dictionaries (sowpods etc) to ensure absolute ruling on questionable words. i'm not playing on some 2 bit scrabble knock off that won't allow quincunx (311pts) across two triple word score squares.

that does drive me crazy when a word is clearly right but it won't allow

here is the list of particpants so far:

Murveman

uptown devil

braintree

Capsaicin

LUDD

spacewrekker

rumbo

zazen

Root5

SecondaryCell

jefferoo

kaini

placidburp

Rhombix

Benedict Cumberbatch

Fred McGriff

ok i installed it. registered a username (benedictcu) but i don't see how to make a game where i don't have a crazy time limit....

What about Pogo's official version of Scrabble? It's really quite fun.

without being weirdly picky i kinda hate how it looks and the javaness of it

will probably have the good dictionaries though

is there the option to play slow or is it all fast paced sit n play games on here?

ok i installed it. registered a username (benedictcu) but i don't see how to make a game where i don't have a crazy time limit....

with Words With Friends, I'm pretty sure you don't need to be Facebook friends with someone to play them. You can find them by username. Amirite?

What about Pogo's official version of Scrabble? It's really quite fun.

without being weirdly picky i kinda hate how it looks and the javaness of it

will probably have the good dictionaries though

is there the option to play slow or is it all fast paced sit n play games on here?

Yeah, there's no way you could set for people to do moves over time. oops. I just like the terrible avatars on pogo.

someone hit me on words with friends pls. username (i think) Jimmy McMessageboard

with Words With Friends, I'm pretty sure you don't need to be Facebook friends with someone to play them. You can find them by username. Amirite?

yeah i just spotted the userrname field. see above

someone hit me on words with friends pls. username (i think) Jimmy McMessageboard

yeah i just spotted the userrname field. see above

My username is Twinkiebus, btw.

Please add me to this list. Scrabble's like my second hobby next to music.

here is the list of particpants so far:

Murveman

uptown devil

braintree

Capsaicin

LUDD

spacewrekker

rumbo

zazen

Root5

SecondaryCell

jefferoo