IGNORED

Some asshole stole my bike

Terpentintollwut

Household insurance may indeed cover some of it, and you may be given the option of replacing the bike. Be aware, however, that you may not get to pick any bike you want as some insurers will only let you buy from a similar price range from places they're affiliated with.

I'll look into the insurance thing, I had the police file a report cause I'll probably need that one in order to be expecting anything. I'll probably buy a used bike from the guys who did all the repair stuff on mine regardless of how much the insurance is gonna pay. They have another mountain bike one with a 28-frame, which is kinda rare, and it's probably way better quality than mine was but with less cool looks. Gonna go try it tomorrow. I just hope it does the smooth movements that mine did, cause of the use for filming.

I'd pay about as much for it as I paid for mine when it was new, but it's most likely gonna save me money in the long run since mine broke pretty much every two months. I'm really only annoyed because of the filming plan, it probably would have done a great job for that. But who knows, it might show up again.

People don't insure their bikes here since most people that ride bikes can't afford the cost of insuring a bicycle.

Here a normal household insurance would cover it. Oh well...

I think the way it works here is that if you have home insurance and your bike is stolen from your home, then it would be insured, but not if it were out in public. American insurance companies will try to screw you at every angle.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've had a look at my home insurance policy but I can't figure out what anything in there means without losing the will to live

Archived